More than $6 billion in Iraq reconstruction funds lost

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jun 13, 2011.

1. AK100

AK100

It's unpatriotic to mention such things.

Plus, the news is not 'fun' so it's better to report on Britney's new tattoo and meaning it might portray.

#11     Jun 16, 2011
  2. LeeD

LeeD

3. LeeD

LeeD

"The mystery is a growing embarrassment to the Pentagon, and an irritant to Washington's relations with Baghdad. Iraqi officials are threatening to go to court to reclaim the money, which came from Iraqi oil sales, seized Iraqi assets and surplus funds from the United Nations' oil-for-food program."

So, it's not taxpayers' money.

#13     Jun 16, 2011
  4. OnClose

OnClose

Humm... really? Sounds like taxpayer money to me.

"It's fair to say that Congress, which has already shelled out $61 billion of U.S. taxpayer money for similar reconstruction and development projects in Iraq, is none too thrilled either."

Either way it's a moot point, we get screwed by the government and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Except bitch of course.

#14     Jun 16, 2011
  5. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Guest

Reporters are shot by the secret police who try to report government fraud.

Freedome of the press are the eyes and ears of the people.

Didn't the US military reported fraud by contractors who billed the US military like $10,000 for a faucet.

It's impossible for the taxpayer to findout the cost as it's known as 'classified information' for national security reasons.

So the taxpayer has to rely on 'trust' and good 'faith'.

#15     Jun 17, 2011
  6. Does it really matter if it was stolen or pissed away in weapons and war costs. Same results but maybe if the stolen cash happened here it may trickle down and improve our economy.

#16     Jun 17, 2011
  7. as678

as678

I completely agree! Vote right and you get Bush who takes us to an unjustified war. Vote left and you get Obama who allows the war to go on. Stalemate if you ask me.

#17     Jun 17, 2011
  8. OnClose

OnClose

This is exactly why I'm looking for a nice place in Belize to trade from. If Uncle Sam wants my tax money they can send a couple Black Hawk helicopters and Seal Team 6 to come get it.

#18     Jun 17, 2011