More than 110,000 active-duty Army troops last year took antidepressants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IndexUp, Apr 9, 2012.

1. IndexUp

IndexUp

I don't care if you think this is normal.

I don't think this is normal, human being was not designed to be on powerful drugs 24/7
    You all claim you support the troops, none of you gives a damn about troops and government least of all.

U.S. Air Force pilot Patrick Burke swallowed a tablet of Dexedrine, the prescribed amphetamine known as "go pills." Every four hours during the 19-hour flight, In a small but growing number of cases across the nation, lawyers are blaming the U.S. military's heavy use of psychotropic drugs for their clients' aberrant behavior and related health problems. Such defenses have rarely gained traction in military or civilian courtrooms

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-army-medication-20120408,0,1291311.story

2. fyi: amphetamines are not anti-depressants

3. Why should I give a rats a$$ about the govt, it doesn't care about me?

4. that seems inline with the general population since about 10% of all americans take anti depressants. americans are a pill popping bunch of weaklings.

Use of antidepressant drugs has soared nearly 400% since 1988, making the medication the most frequently used by people ages 18-44, a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.Eleven percent of Americans ages 12 years and older took antidepressants during the 2005-08 study period, the authors write.

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health...t-use-skyrocketed-in-past-20-years/50826442/1

5. Eight

Eight

they tend to elevate mood quite a bit though..

I read the 1 in 5 Americans are on anti psychotics, can that be true?

6. So does cocaine but that doesn't make it an anti-depressant.

7. IndexUp

IndexUp

read the fucking article you dumb ass, I am so sick of Americans like you ruining it for the rest of us. The only consolation i have is that you will burn with me when this fucking country collapses

HERE ARE THE QUOTES DUMB ASS
    After two long-running wars with escalating levels of combat stress, more than 110,000 active-duty Army troops last year were taking prescribed antidepressants, narcotics, sedatives, antipsychotics and anti-anxiety drugs, according to figures recently disclosed to The Times by the U.S. Army

8. IndexUp

IndexUp

So what are you really saying

you are hoping to fix (or excuse) enormous problems this country has with word technicalities

F U !

9. Speak for yourself, douchebag.
    Dexedrine's been used by the military since Vietnam. So?

10. Perhaps you should have quoted the part of the article that supports your point in your first post,

#10     Apr 9, 2012