More tales of Muslim tolerance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Hamlet

Hamlet

It's funny that you assume my knowledge of the left comes from three talking heads when the words from the mouths of the left (and actions) is really all one needs to hear in order to form their own opinion. I believe the links supplied by another poster here make that case well enough (and proves who is the fool) so I need not go on unless you have something else that you would like to say (many times just shutting up and letting the left rant in a tirade is the best weapon against them).

#21     Feb 4, 2006
  2. It's funny you assumed the left would support violent muslim protesters, yet you don't seem to like assumptions about yourself. It's good for you to taste your own medicine every now and then.

You mean Clinton's statement which is identical to this administration's statement, both condemning anti-muslim stereotypes? Bush said it then Clinton said it and that's supposed to somehow validate your claim that the left would come out in support of violent muslim protesters. Come on, get real.

#22     Feb 4, 2006
  3. Hamlet

Hamlet

You did not read carefully (unbiased & contextual) enough. The administration put those cartoons in the same light as anti-semitic images which are routinely published in the arab press........ and went on to say "We vigorously defend the right of individuals to express points of view,"

Which assumption did I make? All I said was factual and proven right here.

#23     Feb 4, 2006
  4. That's exactly what Clinton said:

Former US president Bill Clinton warned of rising anti-Islamic prejudice, comparing it to historic anti-Semitism as he condemned the publishing of cartoons depicting Prophet Mohammed in a Danish newspaper.

"So now what are we going to do? ... Replace the anti-Semitic prejudice with anti-Islamic prejudice?" he said at an economic conference in the Qatari capital of Doha.

"In Europe, most of the struggles we've had in the past 50 years have been to fight prejudices against Jews, to fight against anti-Semitism," he said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060130/pl_afp/denmarkislamqatar_060130151546
    Clinton did not mention freedom of speech and he probably should have but even rabid reactionaries would agree that he supports it and that it goes without saying.

Assumption that the left would support and justify violent protests. That did not happen, Bush and Clinton both made virtually identical statements denouncing anti-muslim sentiments and comparing them to anti-semitism and that's it.

#24     Feb 4, 2006
  5. Hamlet

Hamlet

You are too funny! Changing my words like that to suit your arguments... LOL.

What is even more funny, and rather ironic, is to see you getting so upset over my partly satirical comment that the left would probably empathize with the muslims (yes that is what I said, go back and read it again, but I'd advise you to read things better the first time since it wastes an awful lot of time having to go back and reread everything due to a biased viewpoint).

In a sense, you are about as offended as the muslims (over a cartoon), over my charicature of the left..... amusing and classicly ironic.

#25     Feb 4, 2006
  6. Yes, that's exactly what you said...In the context of this thread and your own post describing growing muslim outrage, violent protests, boycott of danish goods, death threats and riots you did say that the left would empathize with the muslims. Now that it did not happen I can understand why you'd like to take your own words out of context.

BTW what do you think of this statement:
    "These cartoons are indeed offensive to the belief of Muslims," State Department spokesman Kurtis Cooper said in answer to a question. "We all fully recognize and respect freedom of the press and expression, but it must be coupled with press responsibility. Inciting religious or ethnic hatreds in this manner is not acceptable."
    http://today.reuters.com/business/newsarticle.aspx?type=tnBusinessNews&storyID=nN03205530
    Who came out in support of the muslims, the left or your dear fearless leader?

#26     Feb 4, 2006