More Stupid Sh*t From the White House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Nov 7, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/11/gibbs_can_you_imagine_if_5_yea_1.asp

Gibbs: Can You Imagine if, 5 Years Ago, People Had Protested With Hitler Pictures?!?

Today, Robert Gibbs lamented some of the offensive signs at Bachmann's anti-health bill rally (of which there were some, but not enough to even fill out HuffPo's 12 Most Offensive slideshow):

"I will continue to say what I've said before. You hear in this debate, you hear analogies, you hear references to, you see pictures about and depictions of individuals that are truly stunning, and you hear it all the time. People -- imagine five years ago somebody comparing health care reform to 9/11. Imagine just a few years ago had somebody walked around with images of Hitler.

Hopefully we can get back to a discussion about the issues that are important in this country that we can do so without being personally disagreeable and set up comparisons to things that were so insidious in our history that anybody in any profession or walk of life would be well advised to compare nothing to those atrocities."

Let's help Gibbs out with this in particular:

Imagine just a few years ago had somebody walked around with images of Hitler.

Let's see if we can imagine that, Bob. Click here, and just keep scrolling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ah, the politicians best weapon...selective memory.

2. Mercor

Mercor

Of course Bush needs to be blamed for starting the Hitler protestor reference's.

3. Not entirely unjustified. I once saw a video clip of Bush making a low-voice comment off to his back [presuming his words wouldn't be recorded] about "... I wouldn't mind a world dictator so long as I were it..."

Hatred and disgust of Bush is justified.. just as it is for Obama. How could we bo so unfortunate as to have the TWO worst presidents of our entire history, back-to-back?

4. How indeed? What we have is the result of the dumbing down of America. It's a T-ball nation...everyones a winner. That in effect promotes all losers to the top.
    2000 we had a choice between Bush and Gore. Gore, a moron like Bush, was holding a white flag and hugging a tree, while Bush was wearing a Cowboy Hat waving a six shooter. Frankly, we needed a cowboy with a six shooter, so Bush got the nod. One little problem, he couldn't find the target, couldn't shoot staight when the target did appear, and ended up shooting everything in sight. Eight years of that, we're ready for a change. Along comes Obama, waving his white flag, hugging the tree, zero experience with some dubious relationships, but gee, he had such a nice smile, gave really cool speeches, and most importantly gave all of white America a chance to feel good about themselves. Vote for a black guy, be part of history. WOW! Who could pass that up? So here we are a year later, the country in complete meltdown and we have a guy with a nice smile and his ever shrinking base of true believers making every excuse in the book to cover his ass.
    What does the future hold? It's bad however it goes. Obama and his crew win the day and we're all taxed in to poverty, capitalism falls by the wayside, and we cower in fear with every kaboom that takes a few of us out. Other side of the coin. People finally say enough, but the boys in power ain't gonna' give it up without a fight so the revolution turns violent and we fight another civil war between the haves and have nots. Either way it goes, the next couple of decades look pretty bleek to me.

5. TGregg

TGregg

A big part of the problem is the process. You've got to be at least a little mad for power to go through all the nonsense required just to run for office. Even if you are an excellent candidate, you still only have about a one in four chance of winning your party's nomination. Then about a 50% chance of winning the presidency. And you have to kiss all that ass and beg for donations and convince as many people as possible that you are on every side of every issue. You have to deal with unimaginable loads of pure crap just to get elected. Even if it was a sure thing, nobody in their right mind would go for it. Nobody capable, any way. Even just the media digging up as much dirt as possible and making it up when nothing really nasty can be found - just that part alone is not worth it.

Then, after doing all that (which is far more than enough to keep me from ever running even if I somehow actually had a chance), you get into office. And the BS really starts. People call you Hitler, lunatics everywhere want to shoot you down. You have to make friends and work with a lot of serious scum, ranging from foreign dictator/thugs to complete loony toons in Congress (take Maxine Waters for one easy example). The only way a top qualified individual would ever try is if he had an unbelievable level of patriotism. And that would vanish in days once he made it to the Oval Office and took a good look around. Actually, it undoubtedly is beaten out of him well before that.

We won't get a capable commander in chief unless we change the system. And that's not ever going to happen, sad to say.

6. It is pretty amazing Gibbs would talk about this. I can't decide if these people are so f-ing clueless that they forget what they said yesterday OR they just believe the American people are so stupid that they have no idea what happened yesterday.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter since it can only be the stupid who listen, support and buy into Obama and his oratory con game.

7. cstfx

cstfx

What's appalling is that no one in the room took him to task over his arrogant comment!

8. That's because the media is nothing but a bunch of Remoras.

9. I am not accustomed to visiting this section of the site any more, but great post though.

10. Agreed. Well stated and to the point.

#10     Nov 7, 2009