More slogans, no substance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gangof4, Feb 24, 2009.

1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA yes this speech had NOTHING to do with where the market was at.......

Actually i interpreted it as a Sean Penn like speeech on gay marriage....:D

I guess you are still beguiled by the whole Obama speech, its ok give it a couple weeks.

Watch the first minute of this video Landis is the guy in the white shirt with the beer, I can picture him now:D :D :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/06/south-park-obama-victory_n_141785.html

#61     Feb 25, 2009
  2. heypa

heypa

Landis. I believe you are fully qualified for CNBC.

#62     Feb 25, 2009
  3. #63     Feb 25, 2009
  4. heypa

heypa

Landis. You're pretty good with the search function and very selective in your quotes. Should make you very proud.
    By the way I'm now 83 and counting. Most of us become more conservative as we age. At least those of us not on the public dole.
    If you search long enough you will find where I said.
    "If you're young and aren't a liberal you haven't been paying attention.
    If you're old and aren't a conservative you haven't been paying attention".
    I liked JFK but didn't like LBJ. I aged fast.

#64     Feb 25, 2009
  5. Actually, last year when Bush or Bernanke would speak, the market would swoon.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6002792&page=1

So far Obama or his picks (Geithner) have been generally having the same affect...

#65     Feb 25, 2009
  6. Believe it or not, I was a registered Republican for 28 years after graduating from the University of California . . . until I got fed-up with Phil Gramm "rat-fing" the people of this Country and I changed my registration last year.

I still can't believe that McCain chose Gramm as his economic advisor. But then again, he also chose Sarah "I Can See Russia From My Window" Palin" too.

:(

#66     Feb 25, 2009
  7. gangof4

gangof4

guess i wasn't the only one who saw the parallel. daily show just ran a skit showing Mr. Rogers and comparing to Jindal.

not a fan of Stewart, as he reminds me of all the smug know-it-all liberals (who hold themselves in much higher regard than reality would indicate) in the bay area. still it was funny. that said, Stewart really needs to get Obama's cock out of his mouth, it's embarrassing.

#67     Feb 26, 2009
  8. Cesko

Cesko

#68     Feb 27, 2009