More slogans, no substance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gangof4, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Sounds like a typical response by someone that actually connects with Bobby Jindal. :D

Not surprised.

#41     Feb 25, 2009
  2. Let me be the first on this thread to "thank you" for your service to this great Country. You have my utmost respect for your duty.

I would suggest that if you actually take a look at what President Obama has done in his first month in office, it is clear to me that he is indeed a LEADER and not just a guy that is eloquent and can give good speech's.

And quite frankly, given the way that our Govt. is set-up, it's actually mind-boggling to think of all the things that he was able to accomplish in his first 30 days in office.

Feel free to actually look into what he has done in his first month as President. If you did, I think you might have a different opinion than you stated in your opening post.

#42     Feb 25, 2009
  3. It wasn't just a President that spent 25% of his two-terms on vacation at the Crawford Ranch that "handed" the last election to the Dems, it was the ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY that had a MAJORITY in Congress for 6 of 8 years that spent money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

And Bobby Jindal is the best that they can do?

Wow.
    :D

#43     Feb 25, 2009
  4. You can say THAT again.

#44     Feb 25, 2009
  5. A man, a mission, a sandwich board and a bullhorn. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Gnome. :D

#45     Feb 25, 2009
  6. heypa

heypa

Landis. Do you mean that Bush spent money like a Democrat by reaching across the aisle?

Thunderdog. Do you honestly believe that we (the country) would be better off if Global warming Gore had been elected?

#46     Feb 25, 2009
  7. Without a doubt. I'd stake my life on it, and I'm very risk averse. Really.

#47     Feb 25, 2009
  8. What aisle did Bush have to reach across?
    He had a party MAJORITY in 6 out of the 8 years he was President!

Duh.

#48     Feb 25, 2009
  9. From what little I can gather, Bush being a gutter ball type of guy, he spent a lot of time crossing the aisle to get to the other lane at the White House Bowling alley...

p.s. The last 2 years the spineless democrats didn't challenge Bush very much, did not stop funding the war, etc.

p.p.s. When I think of Bush reaching across the aisle, I think of a WalMart greeter talking someone to the laxative section...

#49     Feb 25, 2009
  10. Reading through this thread is hysterical. A good speech, but a speech without substance. I want real hope for the future. I want a real chance for a better future. Jindal is sharper than Obama. Jindal is just another puppet politician, said by the same guy btw. Liberals are thieving racists. Yeah we're screwed. Regroup with Palin? Hell, even Charles Manson might have won.
    I don't want his hope.

The Republican party is in shambles....and one of my favorites: Hope is for Losers. And. Mind boggling what he has accomplished in his first 30 days in office. Bush as Walmart greeter. and the infamous DUH.

However, some of Libertad's notes seem to be of value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not quoting any longer: The I wants above make me say Why are you wanting or hoping for the government to do something either for you or to you? Why are sitting by, exchanging negative rhetoric you tubed from the pundits? The people who don't want government intervention seem to want help for a better future. How about making your own future? Our wonderful Country is a Structure, a Framework if you will, in which we can become better as people and as citizens. Some hated Clinton, some Bush, some Obama, some just plain like to hate. Stop wasting time on hating or xeroxing other's talking points. Most of you are Americans, and the America that I grew up in consisted of people who could work within any solid framework to improve their lot in life, and help their kids. Sure, we all have opinions on how things be better in general, but it is my opinion that if we stop hating and wasting time, that we can, as Americans, actually help make things better for the future.

An old song:
    "If you waste your time a-talkin' to the people who don't listen,
    "To the things that you are sayin', who do you think's gonna hear.

"And if you should die explainin' how the things that they complain about,
    "Are things they could be changin', who do you think's gonna care?"

c

#50     Feb 25, 2009