More slogans, no substance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gangof4, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bevo96

bevo96

Obama = Pied Piper

It's not hard to get people to follow you when you promise 95% of the population whatever they want and then give the other 5% the wooden dick to pay for it.

I pay 700 times what the median household pays in taxes. Anyone who says I need to do MY PART can get FUCKED.

#11     Feb 24, 2009
  2. gangof4

gangof4

i had Jindal's republican response paused til now.

WTF!!!!!!!!!! this is the rising star of the party?!? yeah, i loved being spoken to in a Mr. Rogers talking to a 4 year old voice and language. are you kidding me. omfg.

i weep for our future (and present)

#12     Feb 24, 2009
  3. dave74

dave74

The Obama love-in is a massive, media manufactured delusion that will have severe unintended consequences.

There have been other mass-delusions in history, and they have almost always ended badly.

#13     Feb 24, 2009
  4. gangof4

gangof4

an A+? my recollection of your past posts is that you're pretty anti-America. that can be the only explanation for your rating.

#14     Feb 24, 2009
  5. ergo

ergo

Definitely agree here. The Republican party really needs to regroup. Palin? Steele?

On the other side, Reid and Pelosi aren't that much better.

#15     Feb 24, 2009
  6. gangof4

gangof4

yep. unfortunately, historically, it takes the kool aid drinking masses many years to finally wake the fuck up. i can totally see the country imploding, a depression extended by the actions of Obama an Pelosi and.... the American people re-electing the lot of them. it'll all be Bushes fault. the media will never blame Obama and the masses will believe.

christ, they kept sending Roosevelt back to the White House whilst he managed to turn a recession into a 10 year depression that he only got us out of by manipulating the Japanese into bombing Pearl Harbor. without the war and his death, he'd STILL be president, and we'd still be in the (REALLY) great depression!

#16     Feb 24, 2009
  7. chartman

chartman

The President seems to be talking out both sides of his mouth.
    In one instance he says we must rebuild our industry base and bring jobs back to America. In the next breath he says we must not support a protectionism policy. What the hell is going on?

#17     Feb 24, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

For the '00, election, America understood we didn't want (couldn't afford) to elect the Liberal party candidate... so Bush was the lesser of evils.

For the '04, election, the focus was on the War on Terror... we were being "protected" from Osama.. and "we stayed the course".

By '08, we were so angry and fed up with Bush's self-serving BS, we were ripe for just about anything.... and there he was.

Hell, even Charles Manson might have won he election just to avoid another round of the Bush legacy...

#18     Feb 25, 2009
  9. The man we need -- his name is Ron Paul.

#19     Feb 25, 2009
  10. .

February 25, 2009

SouthAmerica: reply to Gangof4

I mentioned many times on my postings on this forum that I am anti-Republican and not anti-American.

I became severely anti-Republican since January 2001 when the Bush administration took office.

I always praised Bill Clinton and Al Gore on my articles and on my postings.

In my opinion Barack Obama gave an excellent speech today – and I hope he follows through with real action to turn the economy of this country around.

By the way, I still think the current administration should investigate many members of the Bush administration including George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and also many others and put many of these criminals behind bars – they destroyed the foundations of this country in every sense during the 8 years of their very incompetent administration.

#20     Feb 25, 2009