more republican stupidity: women should plan ahead to be raped

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 25, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Tom, it's a very complicated issue that could get far less complicated if we took the federal money out of the equation. That would probably be a good starting point. The moral issue will never be resolved.

#31     May 25, 2011
  2. thats bs. every state has a right to be heard by the supreme court if they think their rights are being violated.
    the constitution says what the supreme court says it says.

#32     May 25, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sooooo, why weren't YOU aborted I wonder?

#33     May 25, 2011
  4. good question. use your head.

or i forgot, you don't have one!

#34     May 25, 2011
  5. jem

jem

1. You just conceded the that there should be no abortions after about the 22nd week.

2. By your implicit logic society should not have murder laws and theft laws.

#35     May 25, 2011
  6. jem

jem

the social contract is that people give the govt power to protect them from others who would infringe on their freedoms.

abortion is so contentious because it pits the idea that the women should be free to kill something in her own body against the mandate govt has to protect -- either- human life for its own citizens.

noting this issue you can see why many on the pro life side to concede that when the moms life is in jeopardy you should save the moms life.

#36     May 25, 2011
  7. 1. i think that would be a common sense compromise.

2.first class strawman argument that makes no sense.

#37     May 25, 2011
  8. jem

jem

wrong... that is not true...

the supreme court in Marbury vs. Madison said they have the right to review laws of congress.

it is arguable the Supreme Court has no right to infringe on matters which are are within the states own jurisdiction. And you can see that the U.S. supreme court does not take up certain cases because of that respect for states rights.

#38     May 25, 2011
  9. the way i see it: if the state is so desperate to save an unwanted baby, it should take care of the child after birth and guarantee his/her quality of life to be similar to a baby raised in a family.

#39     May 25, 2011
  10. nonsense. and you call yourself a lawyer? can a state pass an unconstitutional law and have the supreme court defer to states rights when it is challenged?

#40     May 25, 2011