More Proof

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Mar 20, 2003.

1. YEAH, now thats a good idea aphex. I here that the idiots are recruiting the dumbest americans they can find to go be human shields, sounds like a good idea to me! yeah, the pentagon is dumb and only the 1% of the rabid anti-war people REALLY know whats going on .......HA !

THIS IS GETTING FUN ! I FEEL YOUR PAIN......NOT !

#21     Mar 20, 2003
  2. From the same article:

"Britain said last year Iraq had retained up to 20 of the Soviet-designed Scuds, which can fly up to 400 miles.

Any confirmation that Iraq had used banned weapons might temper criticism of the U.S.-British military action. "

Yes, confirmation of banned weapons WOULD temper criticism of the war, as long as you are RATIONAL and INTELLIGENT, and care about truth.

Bravo Candle for being honest !

#22     Mar 20, 2003
  3. The first priority is to shoot down any incoming missiles and get our troops out of their path. Determining what kind of missile they are shooting falls further down the "to do" list.

#23     Mar 20, 2003
  4. WTF are you talking about???

let's stay on the subject here...and let's drop the name-calling. i will apologize for calling you guys "moron" and "fascist" -- and I am more than happy to defend my argument in a more civil manner from now on...so let's all just get along...

and yes, the media initially quoted the incident as being a scud launch, which was incorrect. they've gone back and said it was in fact an Al-Samud, not a scud.

"Sahaf denied Iraq had any Scuds, which are banned under 1991 Gulf War ceasefire terms that also ordered Baghdad to scrap its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programmes."
    (My point in my first post was to show that you were in fact wrong in saying it was a Scud. You then claimed that the iraqis were lying about this, when it seems that they weren't, since they haven't been able to launch any...who knows at this point what it really was..).

these are my points--

-pre-emptive wars are against international law, regardless of whether YOU like it or not.

-the UN inspectors are like "why the f^ck are you starting a war??" to the bush administration...

-and STILL no chemical or biological weapons have been found by the UN...it will be truly interesting to see what the military finds in Iraq..

...and now it's like "oh, well, we have to go to war ANYWAY, because we've made such a big stink about iraq and saddam, and besides, the war will be a GOOD thing over the long run..." ..it's like this whole "long run" concept is an after-thought. yeah, you know, let's forget about the issues, and let's forget about the future, there's a chance that saddam MAY eventually do something, so let's PISS AWAY $100billion and not give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

the real issue is that the bush administration has FAILED MISERABLY in the simple task of 1)protecting americans; 2)helping, not hurting, the economy...

it's nice to be patriotic and support our soldiers, but COME ON. i feel like this is forum is a bona fide mcCarthy hearing, instead of resembling anything REMOTELY intelligent or rational. god forbid anyone express a dissenting opinion about what's going on...and if they do, we'll just bang the drums even louder and call them a bleeding heart liberal, simply because we have no rational argument to defend the war with...

this whole "Pre-Emptive Strike" aka "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" mentality will be the end of democracy. (as if election tampering weren't). and THAT is what I mean by fascism. half of the US (and most of the world) is AGAINST this war, and having this war is bad for the bigger picture -- it will cost a ton, will alienate half of the world against us, and will no doubt inspire more terrorism. now maybe you guys never travel anywhere, but i like to travel and i respect other people and other cultures, and i simply RESENT the fact that the bush administration is making the rest of the world hate me because they think that i support this. and i also resent the fact that MY TAX DOLLARS are going to pay for bush's 1)father's vendetta against saddam; 2)friends in the oil industry; and 3)distraction away from afghanistan and the economy.

the democrats are being quiet because they are afraid of a mcCarthy-style attack by the fundamentalists just like some ET members are waging on this thread...however, they smell blood in the water for the 2004 election.

"the liberals say they don't exist but i know that they do..."
    -Pavement

#24     Mar 20, 2003
  5. yeah, and 90% of the world's population (including other nations' defense ministries which have the same surveillance abilities as the US) is wrong, and the pentagon is right...OK...and of course, all the information that they have proving that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction is TOP SECRET and can't be shared with anybody...oh yeah, and there's no oil agenda here, either...

yep, i'm sure buyin' into that...

#25     Mar 20, 2003
  6. msfe

msfe

"The most effectual engines for pacifying a nation are the public papers... A despotic government always keeps a kind of standing army of newswriters who, without any regard to truth or to what should be like truth, invent and put into the papers whatever might serve the ministers. This suffices with the mass of the people who have no means of distinguishing the false from the true paragraphs of a newspaper."

Thomas Jefferson to G. K. van Hogendorp, Oct. 13, 1785.

#26     Mar 20, 2003
  7. #27     Mar 20, 2003
  8. The lies of the evil Iraq scum are slowly but surely becoming apparent to the world... we have no option but to bomb the fanatical terrorist Iraqi scum hard and show em who the boss is...

#28     Mar 20, 2003
    #29     Mar 20, 2003
  10. CAMP AS SAYLIYAH, Qatar (March 26) - A U.S. general said Wednesday the discovery of 3,000 chemical suits in a hospital in central Iraq that had been used as an Iraqi base raised concern that Saddam Hussein's regime was prepared to use chemical weapons.

''What we found at the hospital reinforces our concern,'' said Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks. ''We are well-prepared to deal with the potential use of chemical weapons.''

In addition to the chemical suits, the Central Command reported earlier that Marines found and confiscated gas masks and nerve gas antidote injectors in the hospital near An Nasiriyah.

#30     Mar 26, 2003