More proof, you idiots that think markets are not routinely rigged

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Aug 12, 2008.

1. It would be nice if I violated copy write?

#11     Aug 13, 2008
  2. Hear, hear!!! I am with womblevader -have you morons never heard that all they are pulling out of the ground these days is "young" cotton, "immature" polyester and "premature" nylon?!?!? The days of mature cotton (useable for clothing) are long since gone. Peak cotton was like 1865, IIRC - long live King Cotton :mad:
    -gastropod (your humble sarcastic servant ):D

#12     Aug 13, 2008
  3. See here for the full article;

http://epaper.livemint.com/Default....4376B66764B67554B397871353530786536617263383D

And to the OP, I'm not denying market manipulation but a certain Cotton ETF (COTN.L) was being touted all over the UK financial/investor pages at this time, as a 'safe haven' inroad into commodities, as it showed the smallest volatility and growth of all the more-liquid commodity ETFs.

It proved exceedingly popular with small and large investors alike, many of whom made a quick profit and got out. Personally I still like cotton, not just because a lot of people view it as 'due a good rise' but also because a rise is going to only hurt a few people wanting to buy new t-shirts and not food.

#13     Aug 14, 2008