more option advisory......? OEXoptions.com

Discussion in 'Options' started by anugrahtex, Jan 29, 2008.

1. That is why I have said several times, people with only a handful of posts should not be allowed to include URLs. (Maybne make it 50 posts minimum) More times than not, it is between blatant to subtle spam.

#11     Jan 30, 2008
  2. Rcanfiel in his post says that I included links in my posts.
    Show me where I did so. I challenge you. Facts do not lie,
    and people can check that out for themselves. You should stop
    writing until you stop making lies, and if you have the courage of
    a man of truth you should apologize to the readers, because you are wrong and the facts prove so. There is nothing you can do to make true something that is factually untrue. You just arbitraged yourself, and there is nothing you can do about it, unless you
    find a URL that I included in any of my posts.

#12     Jan 30, 2008
  3. H*Pi

H*Pi

Riskfreetrading, would you mind taking a moment to answer this question?

#13     Jan 30, 2008
  4. He's talking about the original poster, who also has fewer than 50 posts to his name and who does have a link in his post.

I guess you figured out that he was talking about you by using the same keen observational skills that led you to invent math and find previously-undiscovered risk-free investments.

I assure you, the problem you have that is common to new posters is not one of including too many links.

#14     Jan 30, 2008
  5. To those who disagree with me:

I am not here to convince anybody, but to say a point of view, and I am entitled to my point of view like anyone else. I respect all points of views including those that differ from mine.

An opinion is just a point of view, and is not a truth until it is proven to be a truth. This applies to me as well. But I cannot reveal in a public forum all I know as it has monetary value.

I am surprised that some traders do not distinguish between opinions and facts. Let me ask this: When you go long or short, you have an opinion about the market, don't you? And you have been proven wrong many times, don't you?

Therefore what makes you think that what happens in the market is different than other matters in life when opinions are stated?

In interactions outside of the market, you do not pay for consequences of your opinions. That is probably a reason why you are so sure of your opinions. But in the market, Madame Market makes pay, without giving you any explanation. A wrong opinion cost you money from your pocket, and you pay it whether you please or not, because you expressed a wrong opinion.

If you then still believe you hold only the truth in your mind and your opinions are correct, why is it that that markets prove you wrong? In summary, try to understand that what you think is true
    (untrue) might in fact be untrue (true).

Markets show that the majority's opinion is untruth. And this forum is no different.

#15     Jan 30, 2008
  6. What we have here is failure to communicate.

You say that you're entitled to your "opinion", but you consistently present risk-free trading as a fact. A sooper-seekrit fact that you can't tell anyone about. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts. You are not Stephen Colbert.

I think you'll find that your "risk-free" approach has a risk you can't see. It's probably a high-probability approach that will eventually bite you on the ass if you're not careful. It'll almost certainly be something that has been done before.

We can't tell you what that hidden risk is, because you won't tell us what your strategy is. But you'll find out eventually. There's one monkey on the Yahoo board who thought he had found the perfect investment strategy. Virtually all his trades were winners for several years. He's had a bit of a rough time since August-ish, so bad that he can't even admit it to himself.

I continue to be amazed that getting free money is so boring for you that you assume investment risk for "pleasure/fun" even though you claim you don't have to. Seriously, that has "cognitive dissonance" written all over it.

I don't think you know the difference between "opinion" and "prediction". Predictions are neither true nor false when they are made. Nobody rationally believes that their predictions are right or wrong until after the fact.

None of that makes any of our opinions on option trading right or wrong.

#16     Jan 30, 2008
  7. H*Pi

H*Pi

I'll take your silence as proof that you can't answer my question:

When is it better to write a CC over a seemingly equivalent short put?

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. Who the f* you are to ask me question in a non polite way in the first place, and to assume any f*ing thing.

Now back to business. There are multiple reasons when you should CC rather than write a put. I will give you one and I will ask you to provide the other reasons if you are qualified to ask the question inf the first place. If you can not come up with the other reasons, you should ask politely or shut up in the future.
    Now one of the reasons (do not stop rolling the drum) is if strike is deep enough in the money (deep for the put), carry is positive, and put is american style. In case you do not know why, the put will be assigned on you.

Now tell me what the other situations are? If you cannot you are a beginner and next time do not ask any f*ing question without being polite. Is it understood? And no one should be making any f*ing assumption, unless sure to be right.

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. H*Pi

H*Pi

Please don't get so upset.

Wrong answer, as we must assume static-equivalence, but nice try. Obviously, nobody would sell the put to allow for discount arbitrage. Would you like another guess, Mr Educator? Ask me for the answer won't work.

Please, pretty please answer the following:

Assuming "zero arbitrage", under what conditions is it preferable to write a CC? One of two correct responses will be acceptable.

I will offer bonus points if you can decipher the meaning behind my EliteTrade ID.

I apologise for my poor English. It is not my native language.

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. Ok. enough guys...

are you always quarelling ev'ry time ev'ry where..

i'm only asking a sharing of OEXoptions.com

not argueing for riskfreetrading system or else here

:confused:

#20     Jan 31, 2008