More Obamacare layoffs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I wouldn't be boycotting them if they would cover their employees healthcare and weren't trying to push those costs on to tax payers

Whats the phone number of that papa johns that is closing ?

#41     Nov 11, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Gotta admit that is badass. Look at that underground garage on the right site of the photo with the bridge going to the entrance.

I once wanted to buy a house about an hour outside of Chicago that had a 10 1/2 car garage. It had an inner high-bay garage inside of the main garage that had a hydraulic maintenance lift and a couple of antique gas pumps and about 2000 sq. ft of finished shop space with all kinds of benches and built-in compressed air etc. It was a dream garage for a car person. The house wasn't bad either. :D

My agent was a gorgeous polish blonde from the city and she had a complete conniption-fit and basically would not let me buy it and I ended up in a much more conventional home in Elmhurst which was probably far more resale-able to her credit.

#42     Nov 11, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You don't seem to mind us taxpayers paying for all manner of other entitlements.

#43     Nov 11, 2012
  4. Your assumption is wrong .

#44     Nov 11, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh yeah? Name three entitlements you don't think us taxpayers should be paying for and maybe while you're at it. You can explain supporting a presidential candidate that believes in massive entitlements.

#45     Nov 11, 2012
  6. Wtf are you talking about they are not trying to push those costs onto the govt ,the govt indirectly nationalized health care insurance costs first.

#46     Nov 11, 2012
  7. Calls to boycott Applebee's after CEO threatens hiring freeze and layoffs over Obamacare
    By JOHN CLARKE
    PUBLISHED: 15:23, 11 November 2012 | UPDATED: 16:27, 11

Move over Chick-fil-A, fast food is getting political again.
    Papa John's came under fire this week when CEO John Schnatter floated a plan to cut worker hours to reduce spiking employee health care costs under the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare.

Now, Applebee's is being boycotted after a major New York area Applebee's franchise owner Zane Tankel threatened a hiring freeze and possible layoffs as a result of the president's healthcare plan.

The Twitter uproar is in response to a Fox News interview Thursday with Zane Tankel, chairman and CEO of Apple-Metro, which owns 40 New York-area Applebee's restaurants.
    "We've calculated it will [cost] some millions of dollars across our system. So what does that say -- that says we won't build more restaurants. We won't hire more people," Tankel said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-freeze-layoffs-Obamacare.html#ixzz2By4uIQ5d

Applesbees announce hiring freeze and possible layoffs.......Mess with the free market and all kinds of unintended consequences ensue.

#47     Nov 11, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

The bleeding hearts just don't get it.

#48     Nov 11, 2012
  9. What?: You can't legislate the creation of prosperity !

#49     Nov 11, 2012
  10. obama and the democrats pushed the cost to the taxpayer.

they wrote the rules now live with the consequences and stop your bitching.

#50     Nov 11, 2012