More & more empty store fronts in Chicago. Beware commercial Real Estate.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Dec 14, 2010.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

a picture?

#31     Dec 22, 2010
  2. i'm sure it was the nice midwesterners and not your jersey shore ass starting the fights

on a side note i'm renting in chicago with no plans of ever buying in the city- i'll move out to the suburbs somewhere in a few years to start a family where my kids actually have a lawn to play in- no reason to buy now and lose 30% of the homes value and then resell to move to the suburbs.

housing is so overpriced in chicago- if the life blood of the housing market is new students coming into the city, getting good jobs and working their way up to home ownership- well if that is the case people will eventually notice there are no new buyers coming up, and the log of houses for sale will only grow from here.

#32     Dec 22, 2010
  3. Ha, no definitely not that type.. I'm kind of having fun
    with all this but half way serious.

#33     Dec 22, 2010
  4. This is selling part of the above idea. Same story as with stocks before '08. Cant fall as govt will buy them. And then 60% fall. Sure, now easier/cheaper to protect :)

Once govt get enough response and belief from people that this UNWRITTEN assumption works , will withdraw support and happily let them hold the bag all the way down.

And then continue protecting

:D

#34     Dec 22, 2010
  5. pspr

pspr

Just for the record, RUDE starts in Manhattan and radiates out from there. The farther you are from Manhattan, the nicer the people will be in general.

#35     Dec 22, 2010
  6. You probably should say LA and Manhattan. And it goes from there.

#36     Dec 22, 2010
  7. bone

bone

Wow, peace on earth on good will towards men.

Chkitout: why the unsolicited and impulsive aggression? We're talking real estate prices and you just make a really silly judgemental value statement about people.

Chillax. Check that shit at the door.

#37     Dec 22, 2010
  8. I'm just having a little fun. :)

I LOVE Chicago! I do.

And I will say this, people do dress a lot better in Chicago.

#38     Dec 22, 2010
  9. bone

bone

chkitout:

You remind me of my little brother; once I schooled him about how not to be such a buzz-kill, and wonder of all wonders he finally got laid.

Of course, the dipshit went off and married the girl, but I did try.

#39     Dec 22, 2010
  10. the1

the1

Hit google maps, type in the address you see on this pic and take a stroll west down 167th street. It eventually turns into Division St. You'll see For Sale signs along the way. The attached pic is an example of one of the many, many homes that are vacant. This entire area is littered with vacancies of this size.

http://maps.google.com/

#40     Dec 22, 2010