more "mark all forums read"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 24, 2002.

1. baron,

i think you have a great site and you do a good job maintaining it. i am not complaining at all, but sometimes i do wish this one suggestion was implemented.

the "mark all forums read" link should be in more places.

by that i don't mean it should be twice or more on the same page. i mean it should be once on every page where posts/forums can be read.

the reason is as i'm reading posts, once i'm finished, i then have to go back to the main forums area and click on it. it would be nice if wherever i was, when i was done reading, the link was there, i could just click it and leave from that page.

if you don't understand what i'm saying, i'd be more than happy to elaborate.

GG

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Are you referring to having a "Mark All Forums Read" link on every page, or do you mean a more fine-tuned capability like "Mark This Forum Read".

3. trader3

trader3

I think a mark this forum read would be great. I don't use mark all forums read because I want to leave some unread.
    Thanks

4. i was referring to it being on every page, but i guess it's fine how it is. for example, as you are reading this post.. if you know it's the last post you want to read, after you are done you have to go back to the main area to click mark all forums read. it would be nice if you could do it from wherever you happen to be.

but like i said, it's not really a big deal and maybe i'm just being too picky. unless other people are suggesting the same thing, maybe you should just leave it how it is.

5. u130747

u130747

Baron,

I think more of both would be better. You could put a "Mark all forums read" on the bottom of all pages. And you could put a "Mark this forum read" on all pages. Sometimes I do not have the time to read all forums at once, but now I don't remember which threads I have read if I do not mark all forums read.

Bert

PS great job on this site :D :D :D

6. Agree.