More manipulation of fossils

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 29, 2009.

1. stu

stu

Curious minds want to know!
    Lol yeah, sure they do!

I start from the same place I think it fair to say everyone does.
    I don't have to believe anything or anyone. I don't have to believe the scientist or the creationist.

It's going to take a lot more than some nutty professor with a book to sell, or some crank creationist pushing misinformation , making false claims , jumping into their own spurious conclusions about what they say are or are not fossils in videos on you tube.

Definition, collection of data , measurement , prediction, experiment, collect more data from that, then analysis, formation of a theory and the falsification of it based on all that, pier review, confirmation and proof, resulting in any theory or fact left permanently open to further re-testing in the same rigorous manner .

I notice Charles Darwin did all that as did every other great scientist .
    I notice too how whenever stuff happens that way, you get things like the discovery of facts that provide knowledge about more and more things like DNA, , computers, mobiles, gps technology, biology, evolution, medicine, etc etc etc

I notice all a creationist ever does is say there are mistakes in science, and I notice how a creationist only ever makes faulty assertions and criticisms .
    I notice also how creationism never has any other way of providing fact and how religion generally has produced nothing to further understanding in the way that scientific method has.

Unlike the creationist, I don't have to believe there is justification in falsely discrediting science to somehow confirm my own, or hope to buttress someone else’s belief in religion.

ps. snakes evolved from lizards unless of course serpents talked their way out of evolution in the garden of eden stage

#11     Jun 30, 2009
  2. Ummm......

U didn't answer any of the questions posed in the video?:)

#12     Jun 30, 2009
  3. The earth is around 4.5 BILLION years old.

The ORDER of creation in the Genesis creation myths goes against the established history of life on this planet. Even if a day equals whatever you want it to be, it still does not matter. Life on this planet did not come to be as it is stated in Genesis. Obviously, the Genesis creation stories are not meant to be taken literally (if they were, they'd be scientifically accurate, which they are not).

You are welcome to believe any myth you want.

#13     Jun 30, 2009
  4. stu

stu

You'll have to explain.
    What questions would they be?
    There only appears to be sham argument in that video. Do you think we should consider sham arguments to be some sort of questions that require an answer?

#14     Jun 30, 2009
  5. Nice dodge, copy and paste to the rescuuuuue:D

Do some animals evolve, and others not? Why is there no evolution of the serpent?

And just where are those other transitional animals that would show the shortening of our tails?

The ape that was found is older than Ida was, how is that explained?

#15     Jun 30, 2009

6. a) Yes, because of the relative mutability of DNA. A lot of reptiles, crocodilians, snakes, sea turtles, have low or extremely low DNA mutability.

b) Remember "vestigial tails"? Modern humans are a good enough example. This is the result of DNA. The best question to ask, is "why is the coxix shaped like it is, and why do some people have tails?"

c) I didnt watch the stoopid video, takes to damn long to load-but maybe the answer is because it is-theres only one clown claiming the missing link rubbish.

#16     Jun 30, 2009
  7. "Peil", the cowardly religio troll strikes again.

Amazingly, he never countered the obvious reality he quoted some russian shit about trilobites, and never backed it up.

Unsurprisingly, he has done the same here, claiming some "missing link" according to a single researcher, NOT scientist, with more than a vested interest no less, said yadayadayada.

Peil is a worthless religio troll, not that I didn't know that already, I guess it must be my "fault" for DARING to challenge the REMARKABLE wisdom of the bible, or it's cowardly followers.

Gosh, I guess I have egg on my face, rather like jesus who chose to torment his attackers by submissively being crucified by the superior forces of the romans, and those goddamn sneaky jews.

Its the goddamn jews!!!!!!

You poor, deluded fuckwit.

#17     Jul 2, 2009
  8. stu

stu

No. Animals never evolve . Animals never evolved. They were made one by one from a completely un-natural physically impossible form of super magic.
    The serpent appeared by magic in a story book and started to talk and that is how there is no evolution of the serpent.
    Snakes did not evolve from lizards because there is no such thing as evolution.
    Although there is actual evidence of fossil transitions in non boney fish to boney fish, to first amphibians, transition among amphibians, transition from amphibians to reptiles, transitions amongst reptiles, transition from reptiles to first mammals and from reptiles to birds, ....
    ...they were all put there by the big magic Creator sky giant so anyone who actually looked would think it was evolution.
    It's because the big magic Creator sky giant slipped up, made a mistake, but that's how creationists know about these things. Then they make Penn & Teller type videos about how science sucks and it was their imaginary invisible hero magician who lives in the sky wot done the trick really.

It's 2009 in the 21st century for goodness sake Gann. Can't you equate a creationist's video with a bunch of dumb questions when you see them?

Here's what a good creationist's video looks like.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjoD9Qq571Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjoD9Qq571Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#18     Jul 2, 2009
  9. All living things have evolved with zero exception. Some species or groups of species (sharks, snakes, crocodiles, etc.) have changed little over millions of years and this illustrates the incredible success of their body plans. There is no reason for some species to change much, because their environment has not changed.

#19     Jul 2, 2009
  10. Actually, we're very closely related DNA-wise (98.5%) to chimpanzees. Monkeys have tails, but chimpanzees do not.

#20     Jul 2, 2009