More Leverage

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sprtrstnc, Oct 17, 2007.

1. With more than 100k you can open a portfolio margin account with IB and get 6 times leverage if you adhere to certain risk controls. Works like a charm.

#11     Oct 18, 2007
  2. If I use 100% of my margin on trading and equity, I am still left with 1/3 of my account buying power for options. If I buy a call/put leap, it should be a safe way to add another 6% to my gain. Does anyone see a potential problem with this?

#12     Oct 18, 2007
  3. Thanks Alfastocks I'll check them out.

#13     Oct 18, 2007
  4. We'll you're right, up to 6 times on options if diversified, 3:1 on concentration risk (me) that is great. Too bad it doesn't work on equities. This could shoot my profits through the roof.

Thanx again.

#14     Oct 18, 2007

5. It does work on equities. 6:1

#15     Oct 18, 2007
  6. This are 2X ETFs for indexes.
    If 2X ETFs do exist for individual stocks, they would have too low liquidity.

#16     Oct 18, 2007
  7. loik

loik

8. I'm surprised no one has said this...

go to a prop firm and negotiate. You'll need a series 7, but with that, they can give you as much leverage as they trust you with. Getting 4:1 or 6:1 overnight shouldn't really be an issue... I'm pretty sure Don Bright's firm will give you that, I think echo will, schonfeld, probably assent... just checkout the prop firms.

#18     Oct 18, 2007
  9. I talked with echo and they were only interested in a trader with a large amount of trades - I assume thats how they make their money. Anyways I've been doing alot of research on prop firms (bad reputation).

Thanx

#19     Oct 18, 2007
  10. I used 6 times for equities, so unless they have changed something I think you got the wrong info

#20     Oct 18, 2007