More Jobs Might Be Created This Year Than During Bush's Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Why are his statements connected? I agree that the employment situation will continue to macro-implode yet I oppose the extension. One view has nothing to do with the other.

Unemployment comp isn't a "benefit", it's an insurance system funded by workers and employees and administered by the States. Since when is this a Federal issue? Why should the recently unemployed (not that 99 weeks or more ago is particularly recent) receive a NEW Federal subsidy while the permanently unemployed, or failed traders self-proprietors etc receive no assistance?

Traditionally, States have said to Johnny Broke Daytrader or Joe Ghetto, "you get no unemployment because you didn't pay into it." Fair enough. But those 99'ers didn't pay into the Federal system either, eh? After all, how could they, it doesn't exist. Hence, they're just another Cherry Picked entitlement class. It's laughable that a veteran living under a bridge isn't eligible but a laid off government worker is.

#41     Aug 10, 2010
  2. Under Obama and the libtards it's a new entitlement, it's middle class welfare.

#42     Aug 10, 2010
  3. And when did I say that all jobs were recovered, I just said private sector jobs are in an uptrend and you idiotically bring up UE extensions to make some totally unrelated lame point.

#43     Aug 10, 2010