More Jobs Might Be Created This Year Than During Bush's Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Aug 7, 2010.

1. You have a tendency to stretch the "truth" until it is no longer recognizable. For your benefit, I'd like to think you're kidding. But I know that you're not.

#11     Aug 8, 2010
  2. tommintj

tommintj

The Democrates had control of House and Senate the last two years of Bush's reign. That period includes oversight of the banking and financial entities.

#12     Aug 8, 2010
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

translated: he can't logically argue his point.

#13     Aug 8, 2010
  4. More like it has already been done to death and I have no inclination of explaining to you yet again what you already know but refuse to accept. Even so, have someone read this to you:

http://kavips.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/the-collapse-is-the-republicans-fault/

P.S. When you look into the shaving mirror each morning, is this what you see?

[​IMG]

#14     Aug 8, 2010
  5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

and then he succumbs to the urge to insult.

#15     Aug 8, 2010
  6. Mercor

Mercor

The drop in economic numbers was as fast after 9/11 then was in 2009.

For another year after 9/11 things were dead. The market kept going down , airlines were all dying, no one was traveling. Unemployment about doubled.

The difference is that in 2003 Bush cut taxes, sustained attacks on the terrorists. Talk up safety of traveling, promoted consumer spending.

Had Bush did what Obama has done we never would have recovered in 2003

#16     Aug 8, 2010
  7. Actually, I was being kind.

#17     Aug 8, 2010
  8. Art Cashin is highlighting the Demand-Side vacuum

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/art-cashin-fed-walking-tightrope-hurricane-and-other-observations

"If you ask small businesses why aren't you borrowing, their answer is "send me a customer, don't send me credit.""

There ain't no wages to spend though unless you are in the top 1%.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/1a8a5cb2-9ab2-11df-87e6-00144feab49a.html

"Dubbed “median wage stagnation” by economists, the annual incomes of the bottom 90 per cent of US families have been essentially flat since 1973 – having risen by only 10 per cent in real terms over the past 37 years. That means most Americans have been treading water for more than a generation. Over the same period the incomes of the top 1 per cent have tripled. In 1973, chief executives were on average paid 26 times the median income. Now the _multiple is above 300. "

#18     Aug 8, 2010
  9. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Actually, you are just acting stupid, as usual.

#19     Aug 8, 2010
  10. Presidents since 1973:

Nixon (R) - 1973 - 74
    Ford (R) - 1974 - 77
    Carter (D) - 1977 - 1981
    Reagan (R) - 1981 - 1989
    Bush (R) - 1989 - 1993
    Clinton (D) - 1993 - 2001
    Bush the Unready (R) - 2001 - 2009
    Obama (D) 2009 - present

That's 13 and a bit for the D's, 24 or so for the R's. Or, about twice as much time under R as under D.
    So, the fact that inequality has increased mightily while the average person has sat still should come as no surprise. It's what the Republicans stand for, and they make no bones about it.
    I keep seeing these posts from folks complaining about this increase in inequality, and how the average person is having a much tougher time now than they used to, and yet their answer is to do yet more stuff from the Republican playbook. Makes me wonder, a lot.

#20     Aug 8, 2010