More highs tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Oct 9, 2006.

1. I honestly don't see how this market can keep climbing.

I'm not bold enough to try and call tops and bottoms, but wtf?

The market is acting irrationally right now. It's acting as if it's coming off a multi-year bottom, when we're ending a business cycle and have made some new highs.

Not to mention the geoplitical uncertainties and midterm elections.

And then, consider all these bullshit, debt-marinated, LBOs.

I'm sidelined.

#11     Oct 10, 2006
  2. Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, bonds and stocks are both down so my premise isn't playing out but the point is to throw out ideas for discussion. Do you have any thoughts on bonds? No. Do you have an opinion on stocks? Apparently not. Do you have any insight on any particular sectors? No.

Keep up the good work.

#12     Oct 10, 2006
  3. I agree, good observations. The main thing this market has going for it is momentum. If both stocks and oil trade trade lower today then we might be seeing the end of the lower oil relief rally. Unless oil takes another big hit, of course.

#13     Oct 10, 2006
  4. I wasn't kidding about you marking the short-term top. Great job. Wish i had had the balls to short the open on GOOG RIMM BRCM.....

#14     Oct 10, 2006
  5. I'm not surprised you have no balls.

#15     Oct 10, 2006

6. yes, most women don't

#16     Oct 10, 2006
  7. You're a woman and you're wishing for them? You have deeper issues than I thought.

#17     Oct 10, 2006
  8. "More highs tomorrow"

"<b>U.S. Stocks Rise, Sending Dow Average to Record, as Oil Drops</b>
    By Allen Wan
    Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- A late rally in U.S. stocks propelled the Dow Jones Industrial Average to a record as crude oil dropped to an eight-month low."

#18     Oct 10, 2006
  9. I love 100% up room to go $$$

#19     Oct 10, 2006
  10. #20     Oct 10, 2006