More Evidence Great Depression II Is Here: 30mm Unemployed in U.S. (19% of workforce)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Look at the user you're quoting and then realize that you should just skip every post by that individual. I do.

#21     Aug 11, 2009
  2. Actually been a lot longer than that. But the definition and its consequences rage on.

#22     Aug 11, 2009
  3. While there are certainly poor people in America, most of the "poor" people are not poor at all. Compare poor Americans with poor Africans, Latin Americans, etc. etc.

Poor people in America are obese whereas poor people in other countries are starving. Hardly a qualified definition for a third world country.

#23     Aug 11, 2009
  4. Yeah, and what country DOESN'T have a large gap between RICH and POOR?

Blows my mind some of the folks on this board and their posts.

Having been to many 3rd world countries, I can tell you with pretty damn certainty that the USA is not one of them.

You tin-foil hat guys with the apocalypse predictions, if you think it will be so bad here, where in the world do you think it won't be bad?

#24     Aug 11, 2009
  5. Are you retarded? Russia is essentially a third world country.

If you have the attention span, try to educate yourself and read about Russia in the 1990s. It's getting that bad now.

#25     Aug 11, 2009
  6. You're absolutley right.

LOL....

#26     Aug 11, 2009
  7. #27     Aug 11, 2009
  8. You are a joke. Have you ever been to a third world country?
    Maybe some PARTS of Russia could be considered "third world", just as some parts of ANY country could be considered third world, but the country as a whole is nothing compared to actual third world countries (i.e. some countries in Africa and Latin America). Get a grip.

#28     Aug 11, 2009
  9. Kass,

I like you, mate, but having lived in Russia for years (in Moscow and having visited many other cities in all parts of the country) I can tell you it is most certainly third world.

It is true that it is nothing like, say, Rwanda or Somalia, but that doesn't preclude calling it a third world country. It is.

As an expat in Moscow, I was paid on a study (I forget the consultant study that most expatriates are paid under) that classifies countries in one of 4 buckets. The first being countries like the US, UK, France, Germany, etc...

The 4th bucket is Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Russia is in the third bucket (which incidentally results in a 100% hardship allowance on salary).

It's classified as third world. I wish it weren't, but it is.

#29     Aug 11, 2009
  10. Retard,

You don't know WTF you are talking about. You never been to Russia, nor do you have any family there, let alone were born there. So just STFU. It is, right now, in third world status, again, as it was in 1990s.

#30     Aug 11, 2009