More Eurex problems 12/23

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by FGBL07, Dec 23, 2009.

1. FGBL07

FGBL07

Opening is delayed, that is all I see on their website. Anyone have more info?

Preopening for the ESTX50 looked pretty wide: about 20 points. I don't know when their volatility breakers step in but that should not yet be the case?

And Bund does not trade too.

2. Usual EUREX idiocy. I have called several times for the demise of their Chief Technology Officer. But the supervisory board gives obviously a shit about the reputation of the exchange...

3. FGBL07

FGBL07

OK, they have started trading now. A 20-minute delay only so far.

4. Dosjots

Dosjots

FGBL07-

Can you expand on your comment about preopening looking wide? What is it that you look at to give indication for premarket? Also, what are the volatility breakers you are referring to?

Much appreciated.

5. FGBL07

FGBL07

You are asking a lot of questions. Start by searching the Eurex website: http://www.eurexchange.com/index.html.

Look at the product descriptions to see whether and when their pre-trading period starts (and ends). Search the site for the term pre-trading.

Your trading platform should display the resulting opening price during this pre-trading period. I did not make a screen-shot today, if I remember I'll try to do so on Monday.

As to the volatility breakers I'm not sure what exact term Eurex uses, it may be market curbs, volatility breakers or something similar. As far as I remember Eurex does not publish their exact rules as to when they stop trading. Globex does publish its rules.

6. Dosjots

Dosjots

Thanks for the response.

I'm familiar with Eurex's statement that trading for FESX starts at 7:50 CET. I trade through Mirus and have never seen quotes/trades prior to 8:00 CET so was curious if there was activity that I was unaware of. There are days where there is a quick run and reversal (in FESX) that prints within seconds within my trading platform at 8:00 CET. Have assumed it was either pre 8:00 CET trading or some algo activity.

But in general, have been looking to try and get a better read on European open prior to 8:00 CET. Only thing I'm aware of is US close and current Asian market activity.

7. FGBL07

FGBL07

There is no trading before 8:00, traders can enter orders and you should see an indication of the resulting opening price. There is no display of the order book.

IB's TWS displays this indicative opening price by displaying bid/ask sizes of 1.

8. FGBL07

FGBL07

Here is an example of today's pre-trading: the tickchart to the right shows the ESTX50 future, the one to the left the Bund Future.

Orange ticks are pre-open ticks, indicating the open price netting from orders entered till then. Blue ticks present real trades.

The Bund had not yet opened when I made the screen shot.

9. Fso-shnik

Fso-shnik

By no means is not present. I know.
    Çäðàâñòâóéòå!Íå ñî÷òèòå çà ôëóä,íî
    êàê âû ñ÷èòàåòå?
    Ìîæåò ëè ñ÷èòàòüñÿ ïèê-àïîì çíàêîìñòâî íà ñàéòàõ çíàêîìñòâ?
    Òî åñòü ,Ïèêàïåð îáû÷íî çíàêîìèòñÿ íà óëèöå èëè â êàêèõ íèáóäü äðóãèõ ìåñòàõ.
    Íî ñàéò çíàêîìñòâ ,ìîæíî âåäü òîæå èñïîëüçîâàòü äëÿ ïèê-àïà.
    íàïðèìåð ÿ çàðåãåñòðèðîâàëñÿ íà ýòîì
    Ëþáîâü íà www.Dr-love.ru.
     äåíü íàõîæó î÷åíü ìíîãî íîâûõ äåâóøê.Èíîãäà âñòðå÷àþñü â äåíü ïî 2-3 ðàçà.
    Ñî âñåìè âûòåêàþùèìè ïîñëåäñòâèÿìè.Íå âñåãäà ïðàâäà ïîëó÷àåòñÿ âñå â ïåðâûé äåíü,íî ïîòîì,
    ïðàêòè÷åñêè âñåãäà ïðîäîëæåíèå îáÿçàòåëüíî ñëåäóåò.Íó áûâàåò êîíå÷íî æå è îáëîìû.
    Õîòåëîñü áû óñëûøàòü âàøå ìíåíèå ïî ýòîìó ïîâîäó.