more diversity and sensitivity police at work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by whitster, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The big problem with "voting issues", as you put it, is that there are many more issues than there are parties.

#41     Apr 23, 2006
  2. Not the way we are viewing it. We are looking at macro verses micro. We are also not worried about as much stuff as the politicians are. We also are not interested in a politician testing the wind as to their voting. Vote as you feel and let the next election determine our satisfaction with your performance. :)

#42     Apr 23, 2006
  3. jem

jem

When they define troll in internet dictionaries, I am sure they will use RMs post verbatim. It is an inspired work. I only wish I could craft such vivid pictures and associations in my writing.

zzz you have undoubtedly served a great purpose. RM's work is a classic for the digital age. Hundreds of years from now, in digital textbooks all over the cosmos, hyperlinks shall be pointing to this thread, on this board, on these servers, on this planet. And readers everywhere will know you zzz were the troll by which all future trolls shall be measured.

I feel fortunate to (today) have been deemed an antagonist of yours by you. You have bestowed a great honor upon me. I am proud to join the group you call stalker just prior to the great work by RM in which you have been immortalized for this digital age.

#43     Apr 24, 2006
  4. I truly appreciate your encouragement, jem!

I have a concept in mind for a quasi-futuristic dystopia novel, in roughly the same genre as Orwell's 1984. I've been very hesitant to start this project, wondering if my writing skills are really strong enough to construct an entire book on my own. It's posts like yours that make me think I might actually be able to pull it off...

#44     Apr 24, 2006
  5. Kinda hackneyed , overdone genre though?
    Youd have to really pull something out of the bag, for that to fly. (ie, sell-never stopped steven king though)

#45     Apr 24, 2006
  6. jem

jem

write the book please. By the way no response from zzz.

I think it is time to send your post to wikipedia.

You realize there are two ways to defeat zzz. One he seems to become quite defensive when you make fun of the fact he does not belong in so cal.

He also is beaten when you do not take him serously. If he is only entertainment he ceases to be effective at trolling and driving up the posting and viewership.

He is probably circulating his trolling resume and service menu to new boards now.

#46     Apr 24, 2006
  7. So now jem has taken up the cause.

I must have wounded you more than I thought....

#47     Apr 24, 2006
  8. jem

jem

no wounds -- just taking the game to the next level. This is troll vs. troll catcher. I enjoy it. I suspect you do too.

#48     Apr 24, 2006
  9. Here's a simple way to gauge which tactics work well against the LoZZZer: Pay attention to which posts get deleted, and which ones do not.

While it isn't possible for anyone to be <i>more</i> annoying than LoZZZer, it's quite easy to make yourself <i>as</i> annoying. <b>Just use his own methods against him</b>, and watch how quickly your posts disappear.

#49     Apr 24, 2006
  10. while , from a tactical standpoint your post makes sense... personally, i prefer not wallow in excrement like a pig (the zzz.. philosophy)

iow, i refuse to lower myself to his level

while it might be effective, it would be too demeaning

i'll take the higher ground

i can respect many people on the left(even though i am not on the left) for their honesty, compassion, and legitimate concern for issues in general.

but i have little respect for silly trolls with a lack of intellectual honesty

for zzz... the ultimate sin is to admit he is wrong. a very common internet affliction

#50     Apr 24, 2006