more diversity and sensitivity police at work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by whitster, Apr 22, 2006.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Stop for a moment and try to imagine the massive numbers of people in the U.S. who are on the public payrolls. These types of scenarios play out every day all over the country.

When a great country has been flushed down the toilet, sometimes it may be difficult to put one's finger on exactly what went wrong. In the U.S., this so-called "political correctness" is easily identifiable as being one of the contributing factors to the downfall of our nation. In the bureaucratic workplace it's often hard to get the least little things accomplished, updated, or revamped for fear someone will be "offended". It's laughable.

Remember, this goes on every day, non-stop. And the taxpayers (that's all of us) suffer. This goes on in your schools, prisons, courthouses, county offices, police departments, IRS, Social Security offices, Congress.....I think you get the picture.

The great Ronald Reagan used to try to encourage Americans by telling us that our greatest days were ahead of us. While this is one of the few things I would disagree with Reagan on, I very firmly believe that our greatest days are behind us.

Sad.

#21     Apr 22, 2006
  2. Not totally true. A good portion of my community would still be into suffrage. When I speak at some of the housing project groups in Chicago I find the battle for the youth is a against a self-inflicted failure prophecy. A lot of the trouble rises from the lack of self-investment and self-pride.

For a certain segment, you will owe them no matter what you do. And there is another group who want to partake of the benefits without much effort to improve their own lot. Both groups represent sizable numbers. Knowing that they should be improving themselves, saving their monies and improving the lot for their future, they'd rather buy a Benz. It's an uphill battle to change that mindset that must be trudged. :)

#22     Apr 22, 2006
  3. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Here’s the whole story

http://www.trumpetamerica.org/060309ta1244.html

He has hired an attorney,

“Gray has hired attorney David Lane, who plans to file an injunction to allow the County worker to resume wearing his hat on the job and fully display his sign.”

It’s amazing how abstractions like “hatred,” “discrimination” and “diversity,” wind up being “defined” in the form of employment policies, and then plastered like Surgeon General warnings all over the walls in every single HR department –not to mention how long this has been going on, and how insane it has become in some places, as this example clearly shows.

This is interesting because it’s an employee who is prosecuting. Like to see what the courts will do with this. He should take this all the way if necessary.

#23     Apr 23, 2006
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Agreed

#24     Apr 23, 2006
  5. I would argue that they only "shellac" African Americans who don't take advantage of the benefits inherent in being born, living and working here. For those who value and pursue knowledge and consistently work to improve themselves (as their white counterparts do), many learning and material achievements are very attainable.

OOW is not a function of racism by any realistic stretch of the imagination. And a 70% number is just ridiculous. I have taken to asking youngsters how much they believe it costs to raise/have children and take them through the age of 18. You would be appalled if you heard some of the responses. And stating them here would only serve to piss off folks unnecessarily. Let's just say they have no clue. But neither do their parents. This is where the education needs to start to break this cycle (IMHO).

I can tell you that there is a quiet tempest brewing in the community though as it relates to political correctness in the immigration fight. This is NOT a civil rights fight. It's about the stomach to do the correct thing. My achieving community is quietly noticing (and becoming vocal) how hypocritical the country is becoming as the argument is being framed. We are debating the new class of white slave owners and their adjustments to keep their newly trafficked commodity, Poor Mexicans!

Don't be so quick to pigeon hole the community as staunchly democratic either. There is a quiet change on the horizon as this politically correct tide rolls. If the republican party continues to ignore the "we can get Mexican votes posture" they are going to slowly gain an African American contingent. Jesse, Al and Tavis are not the spokespersons or leaders as they once were lauded.

The democratic party can ill afford to lose any sizable number of voters, but they slowly are. Gaining potential mexican votes at the expense of losing the known African American contingent is not in the thought pattern, yet! The net gain could possibly be zero. Ted Kennedy's statements of the other week at the mexican rally are not sitting well.

The republican problem, McCain! Were he not there, the switch could be more palatable. He's too much like the democratic party that the potential voters are leaving. If McCain is NOT the nominee, the run for president could be quite interesting.

Our answer is in the youth and the severing of the bond to current bad behaviors of the community. It's not a singular bad, it's the community. OOW births, rap, drug selling, dropping out of school (society), ebonics. Tons of ills creating the issue of failure in the community. Stop trying to be cool and mimicking bad language to be cool. Do not embrace the terms of the day. Reject the term bling, and use proper english. I'm speaking to ALL of America. That will help my task, and eventually OUR country. :)

#25     Apr 23, 2006
  6. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

That’s because the ACLU has prejudice. The idea that bigotry is limited to white people is bigotry in of itself. They are supposed to support his right to do it, even if they condemn it. Instead, the ACLU doesn’t support the civil rights of people they condemn, namely, white capitalists and patriots.

But he has the right to do it, just like the KKK has the right to organize peaceful rallies. Those rallies are also offensive and they also hurt people’s feelings. But offensive speech and hurt feelings are not the same as violence.

I can understand that if he was driving a government truck on a government job, he can’t just put any old sign on the truck, just like FedEx employees can’t graffiti their FedEx trucks. But he was doing it for his business on the side, which was his own business.

#26     Apr 23, 2006
  7. The ACLU fought for Rush Limbaugh's rights, and no doubt they had to hold their nose and vomit while doing so....

The reason the ACLU doesn't generally defend bigots and racists, is their Constitutional rights have not been abridged in their practice of racism or bigotry.

#27     Apr 23, 2006
  8. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

".......The reason the ACLU doesn't generally defend bigots and racists, is their Constitutional rights have not been abridged in their practice of racism or bigotry."

Ok, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, where in the story does it mention that race of the English Speaking lawn care company owner? Would it suprise you, if for instance, he was black, or even an English Speaking-TAXPAYING-Legal American citizen of hispanic origin?

If this episode demonstrates anything, it is that YOU are the "racist and bigot" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, and quite an pompous, ignoramous to boot. The world is crawling with people of like-mind, fools who have no sense of their foolishness. Sorry to expose you... no Im not.

I only read your initial accusation, which clearly demonstrated your complete and utter bias. (Bias against White People) I try to answer one question when choosing to enter a debate, who is the bigger fool, the fool or those who engage him?

#28     Apr 23, 2006
  9. jem

jem

interesting and provocative canyonman. Good point noephyte. The only problem is that some believe zzz is paid to post his b.s. so do not take him too seriously. I have found it best to think of him as a solid writer, good with rhetoric and possessing excellent trolling skills. His is entertrollment.

#29     Apr 23, 2006
  10. ".......The reason the ACLU doesn't generally defend bigots and racists, is their Constitutional rights have not been abridged in their practice of racism or bigotry."

Ok, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, where in the story does it mention that race of the English Speaking lawn care company owner? Would it suprise you, if for instance, he was black, or even an English Speaking-TAXPAYING-Legal American citizen of hispanic origin?

Yes. I would also be surprised if you had any formal education beyond compulsory education.

If this episode demonstrates anything, it is that YOU are the "racist and bigot" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, and quite an pompous, ignoramous to boot. The world is crawling with people of like-mind, fools who have no sense of their foolishness. Sorry to expose you... no Im not.

Hardly. Enjoy your fantasy and sense of righteous indignation though...

I only read your initial accusation, which clearly demonstrated your complete and utter bias. (Bias against White People) I try to answer one question when choosing to enter a debate, who is the bigger fool, the fool or those who engage him?

I am white, and I have no bias against white people.

Ignorant racist redneck neocon white, black, yellow, brown, green, blue, regressives....I do take issue with them.

#30     Apr 23, 2006