More details on the Palin 150+ Shopping spree.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 5, 2008.

1. The left would love for Palin to be the nominee in 2012,it guarantees them another 4 years

Tina Fey would be more of a threat then Palin

#31     Nov 5, 2008
  2. It's possible that FOX should STFU about it then. I was waiting to see who would ripped her first, the right or the left. I should have known

#32     Nov 5, 2008
  3. Actually I had as much at 25 as I do today. I was up to 2m for a nano second before I lost half it in 12 trading days. Started with 5k. Half now is re. Half is cash. My Dad forced me to stick 700k away in a trust when I was 33 just in case I ever went through the rest of my trading capital. I did. (My swings were 20- 200k a day)I've had that 700 in Treasuries the entire time. Crap yield. Every year this decade I'd take 5-10k a year and trade futures. Blew it each year. Finally in 2006 I ran the 10 into 60 and then in 07 got it up to 240 before I ran it right back down to 70. Now it's back to 190k but I owe some taxes....

#33     Nov 5, 2008
  4. Thanks! The story I always remember is Bill Clinton. Few folks recall that he spoke as an unknown at the 1988 DNC. His speech was an EPIC disaster. he was so long winded and boring that delegates were shown sleeping in their chairs. For days he was the butt of jokes by late night comics. He went on Carson or some show like that and poked fun at himself.

When he announced in 1992 I clearly remember myself thinking, "holy cow! That dumb fuck from Arkansas who made that crappy convention speech is running. What a moron. lAs if ANYONE can beat Cuomo when he comes out." A year later it was President Clinton. That's why they called it the Clinton miracle......

#34     Nov 5, 2008
  5. You want to compare Yale Law/Rhodes Scholar man to Sarah Palin? Giving a borning speech means nothing. Super smart speeches can be boring. Seeing "Russia" from her house is catastrophic.

#35     Nov 5, 2008
  6. karol88

karol88

I didn't know this about Clinton, but a great story...
    I like what you wrote about young traders trying to figure out things based on logic...without considering that everyone sees the same stuff. So simple, yet I was failing as a trader until I realized it :)

also, Palin is getting too much attention to be forgotten....she's UNIQUE, and chances are she won't vanish from the political scene just like that

#36     Nov 5, 2008
  7. It was one of the great underlying themes of Taleb's books. Rare is by definition under predicted. Kovner has some great thoughts about being in "unobserved" markets. At times I get the same stupid market biases as libs get with ideology. I sell Treasuries knowing that every wise guy local is already short and then I get squeezed like clockwork. Wild horses couldn't get me to go long Bonds even when it's clear they're turning higher. Some topics get people dug in.

#37     Nov 5, 2008
  8. karol88

karol88

oh, I need to do more reading...
    btw: to me ET is a great place to find out what the majority thinks.
    I had some decent results just by doing the opposite of “logical” based on the posts here....

#38     Nov 5, 2008
  9. Yes, we are all overwhelmed with her trenchant wit and deep knowledge of foreign policy, and how she energized the McCain campaign and thrust it into the White House.

We are blessed that she is the VP, and not going back to Alaska to run for Senate after another Republican goes to jail.

OBVIOUSLY.

#39     Nov 5, 2008
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Ah, Captain Oblivious, you're as slow as ever. We're talking about her because she's funny as hell. And you're pretty funny too to think she scares anybody on the left. Presidentially she is toast, end of story. She'll get eaten like a mooseburger in the 2012 GOP primary and maybe even she knows it, but I hope she doesn't because that would be some hilarious shit. :D

#40     Nov 6, 2008