More details on the Palin 150+ Shopping spree.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Doc if you want PM me. I don't mind talking about MY OWN SHIT on a public message board but when it involves others it's off-topic...

Well, Niederhoffer non withstanding...:D

#21     Nov 5, 2008
  2. If you are involved in any campaign for Palin you must be a low man on the totem pole... Palin is done. Her "milfness" will evaporate rapidly and that is only thing she has. She would be laughed out in the republican primary were she to run for president.

#22     Nov 5, 2008
  3. You're young aren't you? Young traders-especially if they're smart-make a BIG mistake. They try to figure out things based on logic. This is poker not chess. What they don't consider is EVERYONE sees the same stuff and they all wind up leaning the same way. Did you read ET yesterday? 99% of this board was bullish. I knew last night this stuff was toast just because of sentiment. (although I thought it would hang tight one more day)

I look for what if scenarios. JUST THE FACT that there's several Palin threads the day after she loses is a buy sign. Don't be like these clueless guys who think, "how'd Palin rally? The news SUCKED!" Markets climb a carnal wall of worry. Volatility down breeds volatility higher. Quayle, Ferraro who ever the fuck ran with Dukakis-can't even remember-no names, no talk, no passion-DEAD.

Yes she's VERY viable. For all WE KNOW in four years being ultra educated will be a NEGATIVE. Voters will say"Sarah might not be brilliant but she's got common sense and she's tough." Not saying that's the play even up but it's the play on an odds discount.....

#23     Nov 5, 2008
  4. #24     Nov 5, 2008
  5. karol88

karol88

what great post, couldn't agree more!

#25     Nov 5, 2008
  6. I am 25 and you are probably some old fart. Palin is a non-starter. Even George W Bush while being an absolute moron, had the requisite educational pedigree. Palin will be laughed out AGAIN if she tries to run for president. Just wait how quickly Rush Limbaugh turns on her when she will jeopradize republican chances for white house in 2012. Winning is the only thing that matters for republicans. Fact of the matter is, people are DONE with simple folk for some time. IF majority of the country believe her to be an absolute moron she is not going anywhere in 2012 or 2016.

You have no idea how I trade.

#26     Nov 5, 2008
  7. I don't want to sound like a prick but I was a millionaire a year younger than 25. Somehow I doubt you'll be making that claim. You're a year too late and two years too early on your Corn calls. Commodity longs will work again. Massively. But not until the crowded longs blow out....

#27     Nov 5, 2008
  8. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5UMbg7Troqg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5UMbg7Troqg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8__aXxXPVc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8__aXxXPVc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

VP pick Sarah Palin hoaxed by comedy prank call

MONTREAL (AFP) - Republican vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin on Saturday was the victim of a prank phone call by a French-Canadian comedian impersonating French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

After Palin realized the call was a hoax, her campaign staff admitted she was "mildly amused."

The prank tag-team from Quebec, "Justicia masques," who have previously targeted heads of state and celebrities, posted the conversation on their website (www.justiciers.tv).

In the recording, John McCain's running mate enthusiastically takes the fake Sarkozy's call.

"It's so good to hear you, thank you for calling us ... we have such great respect for you, John McCain and I, we love you!" Palin said.

She appeared unfazed by the fake president's thick French accent and some outrageous comments.

At one point the impersonator, comedian Sebastien Trudel, told the Alaskan governor he is following the US elections closely along with his special American advisor Johnny Hallyday -- a famous French rock'n'roll singer.

When the fake president told Palin his wife Carla Bruni is "hot in bed," the governor chuckled and complimented him for his "beautiful family."

Palin also proffered to continue relations if she reaches the White House.

"We should go hunting together," Palin said.

Palin laughed in response to Trudel's comment: "I just love killing those animals ... take away life, that is so fun!"

The governor, who is making a whistle-stop tour through key states in the last weekend before the November 4 election, told the fake president that she is "very confident" about the Republican ticket's chances, and said she thought "the race is tightening" ahead of Tuesday's general election.

"I see you as a president one day, too," said the comedian.

"Maybe in eight years," replied Palin.

The comedy duo have previously used their Sarkozy impersonation to target former French president Jacques Chirac, celebrities Mick Jagger and Britney Spears, and Sarkozy himself.

"This was our most explosive coup so far," comedian Marc Antoine Audette told AFP, adding that it was "difficult" for his accomplice Trudel to get their request for a phone conversation past Palin's entourage and her Secret Service detail.

The McCain campaign later released a statement about the phone call.

"Governor Palin was mildly amused to learn that she had joined the ranks of heads of state, including President Sarkozy, and other celebrities in being targeted by these pranksters. C'est la vie."

#28     Nov 5, 2008
  9. By your admission your networth is $2 mil. That is nothing really to pump your chest about. I bet most of it is in real estate (non liquid)

My corn calls? What calls?

#29     Nov 5, 2008
  10. Err, retards...the campaign is over. The clothes she bought/had bought/whatever, were a non-issue during the campaign. To discuss it now is lunacy. I can only conclude that she scares the shit out of the radical left. That makes her aces in my book.

#30     Nov 5, 2008