More detailed computer question re: getting around admin settings

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by brownsfan019, Nov 24, 2007.

1. This last summer my girlfriend's work (a school) upgraded their computers. It was needed, but now so much is blocked by their admin that I can't put simple programs like SnagIt and others on that she wants. The admin will do it, but only if she has an original disk... well, that's kinda a problem.

So my question is, can I get around this admin setting on Windows XP? Most programs I try to install come up saying you need to login as an admin to do this. MOST programs. The ones I could install were:
    DESKPINS 1.3
    POWERISO
    CCLEANER
    FIREFOX

So, there's some sort of commonality among those programs that got around the admin setting of not allowing an exe file to run. I have no idea what it is, but something allowed those 4 programs to install just fine.

I'm stuck after hours and frustrated.

I cannot hook her computer into our home network or get in my Verizon wireless card.

Any ideas, suggestions, other websites to reference would be great.

Thanks!!

2. thanks Kiwi, will check those out!!

3. You may end up getting your girlfriend fired if they find out that she allowed her computer to be set up without the proper discs. Organizations don't' like pirated software on there networks.