More cuts in california!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jul 28, 2010.

1. The challenge you have is multi generational. There is also the teaching they get from the church. This isn't a problem which can be solved overnight because it took decades to get this bad.

I remember as a teen in So Cal in the 80's no one cared about illegals for the most part. The reason was is they did jobs others didn't want. Mowing lawns, washing dishes, cleaning homes, child care, etc. When they started taking away trade jobs, drywall, framing, auto repair people started to take a bit more notice. These were jobs that guys I knew from high school that weren't college oriented would do. When they started getting in- state tuition when legal kids from out of state had to pay out of state college tuition that pissed ppl. off.

I do believe the unions and the number of state employees is an issue. The example of the Bell mayor is an outlier. I have family members that are retired teachers and their pension is about 35k a year nothing impressive or outrageous. During their career they made about 45k too nothing that impressive for a masters degree and 10 plus year of service.

Most of us know there is a problem in California and the US but most aren't willing to do what is needed. Have any of you stopped to realize that a large part of CA is dependent on under the table labor? Who is going to clean your home, mow your lawn, in your 2500sf house? When was the last time you saw a guy at car wash in So Cal that could speak fluent English? Are you going to do these tasks while working 60 hours a week? I am not pointing the finger but these are questions that each person needs to ask themselves.

If people want to rid themselves of illegals it's not the difficult. We could militarize the border, make every person go through the Republican backed SS # check, which is 90% plus accurate, and we can be willing to pay more for good and services. But most people just want to talk about change because its in vogue. They aren't willing to mow the lawn and clean their own house because they are living beyond their means. So illegals fill the gap and they point the finger at others without looking in the mirror.

Both Democrats and Republicans want illegals. Democrats offer them benefits in exchange for votes and Republicans want cheap labor for the corporate buddies.

I was surprised when I moved to Denver. I live in upper middle class neighborhood and you know how many guys building homes in our neighborhood can speak English. Almost none. They are all Hispanic with a White supervisor.

I have nothing against Hispanics. I would do the same if I was stuck in 3rd world dump.

#51     Jul 30, 2010
  2. I have no problem with them working. My issue is with those who cross the border to get welfare benefits by spawning babies here. If they work to support their families, I have no problem with anyone's nationally.

Though it may be true that few actually make babies to get welfare, but the easy availability of "Aid to Families with Dependent Children" means the less responsible will have babies w/o considering to the need to provide for them.

Government (i.e, taxpayers) pays for everything, why worry?

If u give careful consideration when buying a home or a car to decide if you can afford it, a baby should be given equal if not greater consideration.

#52     Jul 30, 2010