More cuts in california!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jul 28, 2010.

1. It's also not in our Constitution.

#41     Jul 30, 2010
  2. the problem with this state is the f*cking dumb voters. can you believe they voted for the multi-billion-dollar high-speed rail? oh smart move, idiots. let's spend even more money we don't have.

the budget problems are perennial... nothing new. even during good years there's usually a deficit. but this year's problem may drag out longer than usual because of its severity.

#42     Jul 30, 2010
  3. they need to fire more teachers, too.

i can't believe there are schools where they're trying to maintain 22-25 students per classroom. WTF!!!!!!!! back when i was in school in Calif, all my classes were 28-33 per teacher, and it didn't stop me from attending college, graduating and having a successful career.

screw these public unions.

#43     Jul 30, 2010
  4. I voted! didn't do any good!

#44     Jul 30, 2010
  5. In elementary school, I usually had about 40 or more in my class. Same with Secondary school. Most students learn to read and write. Many of HS friends went to University. This was in Asia.

It is the teachers' unions that want such small classes!

#45     Jul 30, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

#46     Jul 30, 2010
  7. can you please prove that?

#47     Jul 30, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

obviously you are both members of the same club for different reasons.

"Since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment to the constitution on July 9, 1868, the citizenship of persons born in the United States has been controlled by its Citizenship Clause, which states:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.[3]"

it will take a constitutional amendment to get rid of this amendment which was originally intended to protect freed slaves.

#48     Jul 30, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

#49     Jul 30, 2010
  10. olias

olias

I'd say that sounds about right. I don't vilify those people for doing what they do (and I'm saying you do, but a lot of people do). They are just misguided and naive. I'm interested in solutions.

#50     Jul 30, 2010