More cuts in california!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jul 28, 2010.

1. It's our fault for not voting.
    VOTE! Get off your butt and VOTE!

#31     Jul 30, 2010
  2. Hmnnn. voting hasn't been working as well as expected.:D

Imagine if they had a fundraiser and nobody came.

"VOTE FOR ME"

Ah, no thanks, I gotta organize my sock drawer.

#32     Jul 30, 2010
  3. #33     Jul 30, 2010
  4. The concept of "Deepcapture", as in "Deepcapture.com" is, as Patrick explained to me, an economic one, in that the institutions designed to regulate become "captured" by the entities they were to regulate. Congress is the ultimate example.

I think, given the events of the last 5 years, His "miscreants ball" presentation was 8/12/05, his point is well taken. And as we all can see, there is no give. Oh, the politicos may mouth a few words, whatever, but Obama has proven, at no surprise to me, he's as big as criminal as the next.

Thinking about this way too often, we need individuals. We need people who are beyond reproach, who will make the tough decisions when they need to be made. (Christie is a good example if he's real). That will point at a Rangel, not now, but years ago, and make him the example he needs to be. To put his fat ass in jail - forever. To betray the public trust as they do is a disgrace. And you can see, witness Dodd, they have no shame the average man does. Dodd can show his face and pontificate like Fannie and Freddie and Countrywide never happened.

You may not like 777, I do, or Nut, or Rennick, or me. But I'd take them, Ian, so many others that dwell here and give them the reigns. They are educated, except for Nut, well spoken, eh, except for Nut, principled, and you could leave the good silver out. It's not so much about parties, because eventually they too will be captured, but it's about individuals. I'd rather have a principled liberal than a corrupt conservative.

And at least at State Dinners, Nut could entertain. I'm just not sure how his material would translate.

No, this isn't a battle of ideals, it's one of principle. I doubt we could be in more trouble. Expecting the same limp dicks that allowed this to happen to fix it is beyond ignorance.

#34     Jul 30, 2010
  5. What does this mean? Personal demons?

#35     Jul 30, 2010
  6. olias

olias

I'm sure there are some that have babies for the welfare benefits, but I keep hearing about this phenomenon as is it's out of control. I really, really doubt that there are many couples having babies for the purpose of getting more benefits.

However, if there are, maybe the solution would be to set it up so that for each additional child a recipient had, the benefit would be less for per child. So they would get added help to support the new baby, but it would be advantageous to do so.

#36     Jul 30, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

People have been hyping the idea of electric cars for about 100 years (no joke). Math and physics don't support the concept, however.

#37     Jul 30, 2010
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Careful, Nazi Pelozi may end up paying extra taxes for those perks or her office (around $28K/month).

#38     Jul 30, 2010
  9. Expecting the same limp dicks that allowed this to happen to fix it is beyond ignorance.

---------

Hayward is out.

On the flip side, if you're a member of Congress, well, that's just too damn bad, you'll have to vote them out. Rots of ruck.

#39     Jul 30, 2010
  10. I agree they don't plan it out. Its mostly poor Hispanics that do this. They are Catholic, don't use birth control and have more kids than the average family, in some cases. This is especially true if they are newly arrived from Latin America. Many working class and poor Mexicans in Mexico pull their kids out of school after 4th grade to support the family. They also hold onto dated thinking that more kids means they will be able to support them when they are old.

Where did I get this info? From my Mexican Spanish teacher in college in the 90's. He told me it's crazy that children born here get automatic citizenship.

#40     Jul 30, 2010