More crybaby hypocrisy from Rush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Dec 23, 2003.

1. I don't feel the need to argue to get my points across.....that is not the intelligent way to bring out your points or mine....I find it odd that you think Rush is a hypocrite yet you are spending a lot of time trying to shape others opinions on this board with your right wing bashing threads....

#11     Dec 24, 2003
  2. What is hypocritical about what I am doing? Am I am moralist preaching morality, yet secretly practicing immoral actions like Rush did with his drug addiction, possible money laundering, and potential doctor shopping?

#12     Dec 24, 2003

3. what's wrong with what you are doing?....nothing....but your no better then Rush....you are trying to shape other peoples opinion...think of your last couple threads you started:

" Was Saddam a threat to our National Security"
    " Was Ghaddaffi a threat to our " "" ""
    " Bush is pandering to the Hispanic community"

the list goes on and on but the bottom line is you are bashing buah and the right with every chance you get, which is your right,. but you are no better then Rush in that you are trying to influence others.

#13     Dec 24, 2003
  4. You are practicing Hannityism.

I am not the issue, Rush is. Defending Rush by attacking me is a Hannityism.

#14     Dec 24, 2003

5. I have neither attacked you, nor have i argued with you...that is not my point.....my point is the irony of you and Rush being very much alike.....as far as Hannityism, there you go once again taking a shot at the right....the funny thing is that Im glad Rush is coming under the gun.....if you talk the talk, you better walk the walk..you are on a mission to attack the right.......just remember the same lesson....you better be able to walk the walk

#15     Dec 24, 2003
  6. I am paid for what I do? I suggest that people don't need to think for themselves, but rather they only need to get their news and opinions from me? I am preaching morality? I am claiming to have talent on loan from God?

What "walk the walk" do I need to adhere to by posting on a message board?

#16     Dec 24, 2003

7. You are not paid that i know of but you definitely have some type of agenda,....you seem to be on a mission to attack the right, not get at the truth....you do preach morality at times...I have seen your take on abortion and the death penalty.....as for Rush...he is an entertainer....nothing more nothing less, who gets paid to be opinionated.....what is in it for you?

#17     Dec 24, 2003
  8. What is in it for me? What an odd question? What is in it for you to ask?

I have a point of view, don't you?

I am on a mission to attack the right?

Is this about me, or about Rush? You want to make this about me, not Rush's hypocrisy. Why is that?

Preaching morality? Suggesting that women have the right to choose is preaching morality?

Suggesting that we don't need to murder murderers is a method of morality preaching?

Perhaps you have a different view of preaching morality than I do.

#18     Dec 24, 2003
  9. I know this is every liberal's wet dream, to get not only a prominent conservative in an embarrassing situation, but THE big kahuna himself. But there is a bigger issue, namely misuse of the state's most awesome power, the power to send someone to jail.

I've lived in countries where no one in their right mind would dare criticize the government. Suddenly your name goes on a list and bad things start to happen. You can't get needed licenses, the inspectors start showing up at your place of business, your taxes are suddenly a problem, etc.

We saw some of this begin to happen here with Clinton. Every major conservative group in the country mysteriously found themselves subjected to harrassing IRS audits. They cost tens of thousands in legal/accounting fees but also expose confidential details of your organization to government busybodies. Were they done "by the book"? Probably, but the potential for abuse is obvious and enormous.

In Rush's situation there seem to be legitimate reasons to question what the prosecution is doing. First, there is a question of priorities. As I understand it, Rush has asserted that the former housekeeper/drug supplier was blackmailing him, which accounted for his need for large sums of cash. Extortion, blackmail and drug dealing are serious felonies. Drug addiction is generally seen as more of a medical problem, although users can of course be prosecuted. Here however the prosecutor has given immunity to the someone who is clearly guilty of dealing and probably extortion to focus his prosecution on a personal user. That seems odd, to say the least, and raises obvious questions as to his motive.

Next there is the issue of the medical supoenas. Doctor/patient privilege is a bedrock principle. One would hope that liberals who are so concerned about personal privacy would understand this. There are far less intrusive ways to investigate allegations of doctor shopping than wholesale subpoening of someone's medical records. What should have been a last resort was the first option.

Next come the leaks. A professional investigation of a high profile person that involves blackmail, drugs and private medical records should be conducted with the utmost professionalism. Instead, this case has been spread out in the tabloids from day one. Clearly the torrent of leaks is coming from the prosecutor's office. No one else has access to the information.

So we have a dubious prosecution, which uses subpoenas to get highly private medical records, and then smears Rush in the press with leaks. I'd find that troubling if it happened to any citizen. When it seems to be motivated by political payback, I find it chilling. Jeb Bush, time to show some backbone and direct the State's Attorney to look into this.

#19     Dec 24, 2003
  10. I believe you are just as hypocritical as Rush....You are pushing an agenda here on ET.....every thread you start is an intentional dig at only one side of the issue...go back and look at all the threads you have started.....is there a single thread that is favorable or even remotely objective about Bush and the republican party? You start your threads with a clever question , yet you are not really asking for others opinion...you are starting a forum to state your opinion and anybody who disagrees with you is ignorant, foolish or naive....would you disagree with me that your as opinionated as Rush? That you are trying to encourage others to accept your way of thinking?

#20     Dec 24, 2003