more CNBC drama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darkhorse, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Anyone know the name of this book? I heard about it too and wondered if it ever actually got published. Looks like it would be a fun read.

#21     May 16, 2002

2. "Trading with the Enemy" by Nicholas Maier.

A lot of people thought it was funny, but I thought it sucked big time. A waste of time hatchet job. The kid who wrote it is basically a whiny loser who got his job through connections and then kicked up a bunch of dirt because he got fired.

None of that would matter if he had writing talent and knew how to tell an entertaining story, but he doesn't and didn't. I went into the book ready to loathe Cramer and ended up loathing the author instead.

#22     May 16, 2002
  3. What does the even and half mean?

#23     May 16, 2002
  4. I would be curious if anyone checked whether other stocks which were not mentioned by Maria had similar patterns just before her picks were aired. If traders were simply anticipating likely candidates for her picks, and caused activity in a wide range of stocks 10 minutes before her picks were aired. If the study only looked at stocks she picked, then it is flawed by lack of a "control" group, i.e. stocks she didn't pick but might have.

#24     May 16, 2002
  5. They are just calling out the markets, real time, the bid/offer, i just through that in. Bid at even( the bid has not moved) say 1100.00 and offer at half 1100.50

etc

#25     May 16, 2002
  6. so as the futures move, the only call out the spreads as they move,= its like a live talking level II for futures. Ck out CME.com, they might give a sound bit.

#26     May 16, 2002
  7. the squack is just background noise....the eminis are just as fast in electronic feed

#27     May 16, 2002
  8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Thanks darkhorse. Oh well, I was hoping for a good scathing read, lol. Maybe I'll just read this one over a latte at Barnes and Noble...that's what I do with most trading books now anyhow.

#28     May 16, 2002
  9. #29     May 16, 2002
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I don't know, that one looks like a keeper...

And for only $6 more, Amazon will throw in "A Magical Day With Matisse". Hard to pass that up.

#30     May 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.