More Bush Dishonesty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Former Bush aide cites politics in 'terror alert'

[​IMG]

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Former US homeland security chief Tom Ridge charges in a new book that top aides to then-president George W. Bush pressured him to raise the "terror alert" level on the eve of the November 2004 US election.

Then defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and attorney general John Ashcroft pushed him to elevate the color-coded threat level, but Ridge refused, according to a summary from his publisher, Thomas Dunne Books.

"After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," Ridge is quoting as writing in "The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege... And How We Can Be Safe Again."

Some of Bush's critics had repeatedly questioned whether the administration was using warnings of a possible attack to blunt the political damage from the unpopular Iraq war by shifting the debate to the broader "war on terrorism," which had wide popular appeal.

Ridge, a former governor of Pennsylvania, was the first secretary of the US Department of Homeland Security that the US Congress created in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist strikes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090820/pl_afp/usattackspoliticsridge

2. skylr33

skylr33

And the typical Obama dishonesty. Like when he says, "if you like your current employer health coverage, you can keep it."
    Really??? and when a Government run, socialized, rationed health care bill passes, and when employers decide to purchase their employees health care through the Govt., instead of through the private industry. This isn't a case of people being forced into this shit run Government plan????? This is what the great dictator/lier-in-chief wants everyone to believe.

3. Mercor

Mercor

Al quida has a history of messing with elections...
    Not a bad idea to bring more awareness during a major US Presidential election.

Good decision to be looking ahead. This is what made Bush a great President.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yawn

(Pssst, will someone please send Labia82 a PM and let him know that Bush is no longer the President)

5. You are dishonest and UN-AMERICAN.

6. martymjp

martymjp

How is this relevant to the issues currently confronting the country? Obama is preident and things are very scary.

7. That was soooo classic!
    Thanks man, you made my day.
    Too Funny!!!
    :D

8. YAWN

9. I'm undecided on the current health care proposal, but what makes you think that health care in this country isn't already RATIONED?

Care to explain that?

10. skylr33

skylr33

Well brainstrom, tell me whose health care is being rationed is this country right now???? Are the millions of people on Medicare being rationed??? Are the millions that have health coverage getting their care rationed??? Are the millions of uninsured/illegal immigrants getting their care rationed when they need it??? Why does everyone from other countries flock to the U.S.A. for health care???? Might the reason be that their countries operate under a Government run, rationed health care system, and it's such a disaster, that they come here????
    lol I see you won't touch the fact that Obama is blatantly lying to everyone on health care.
    lol It's no contest. Your about the stupidest person I've even seen on these boards. Congratulations!!! Obama may reward that stupidity with a czar appointment. So there is hope for you after all. lol!!!!!

#10     Aug 20, 2009