More Bill O'Idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Here's the bottom line. American's presently oppose abortion in the highest numbers since Roe v. Wade. The Left knows that if abortion fails to be protected by the activist Federal court system, it's days are doomed in many states and restrictions will be passed in virtually every state.

It's difficult reading abortion polls. The methods by which questions are phrased illicit differing responses. But it appears that while in the 90's the nation was 60/40 pro-abortion that's slipped to about 55-45. This move to the right has people like LoZZZEr freaking out. Probably not as much as the pain he must be feeling at the death of ET. This place really seems to be dying a sudden death.........

2. Wrong again mutton breath...

3. (CBS) On the 30th anniversary of the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision, a CBS News/New York Times poll finds the vast majority of Americans continues to believe that abortion should remain available in at least some cases.

Seventy-seven percent of respondents said abortion should either be generally available, or available but with stricter limits than now. Just 22 percent said abortion should not be permitted.

4. CNN Poll conducted by Opinion Research Corporation. Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2006. N=1,004 adults nationwide.

"Would you favor or oppose a law in your state that would ban all abortions except those necessary to save the life of the mother?" 8/30 - 9/2/06

Favor Oppose Unsure
    45 51 3

5. The issue is quite complicated for many, simple for others.

My own view is that I am opposed to abortion and equally opposed to the state having power or control over a woman's reproductive system, and before viability, should not have a say in her right to choose. Forcing a pregnant woman to bear a child certainly doesn't seem to be about a society that promotes freedom for women around the world. So forced to choose between the two, I choose freedom for the woman, not freedom for a fetus.

However, I don't think we actually have to make it an all or nothing proposition. I have stated my overall position before, now I will restate it again...

Restating my position:

Until such time that the state can harvest a fetus from a woman who is pregnant who has no desire to continue to carry that fetus, such that there is sufficient funding and high probability to keep that fetus alive, and taken care of properly until adulthood, or unless there is a trust fund in place to pay for all expenses including adoption by loving parents (this trust fund to be kept flush by donations from those who are against abortions), the woman should have the right to choose to abort or not.

In essence, if a fetus is not viable, the right of choice is hers. Once viable, she surrenders the right of abortion, the state may, or private parties may at that time step up to the plate to harvest the fetus and take full responsibility for the fetus assuming the woman doesn't want that job. If the state or private parties do not step up, the woman is free to abort.

I would think the right wingers would be falling all over themselves to have the unwanted viable fetuses all to themselves, to indoctrinate them into their klannish ways...

6. Your position on abortion is so asinine, I don't even know where to begin.

The only certainty from all of your "views" is that you always leave yourself an "out" so you can bitch and complain.

7. Hey vomit breath, take your dittohead and put it back into its rectum where it belongs...

8. we will know for sure on nov 8. my state of south dakota has a vote on the most strict abortion ban since roe. it has no exceptions except immediate death of the mother. it is a very devisive vote pushed through the legislature by a group of right wing bible thumpers. i believe it will fail. even many pastors in the state have come out against it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15214516/

9. :confused:

#10     Oct 17, 2006