More Bill O'Idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jul 28, 2009.

1. You don't decide when surveys are taken for specific various regions.

Minnesota and Hawaii would be up to 20% of Canada's population by themselves.

There are also different life expectancies depending upon various counties throughout the US and Canada.

Life expectancy in british Columbia (Canada's highest) is 81.2 BASED ON 2005 DATA. Hawaii would still have a higher life expectancy, and presumably higher than the 2004 life expectancy for 2005 based upon statistical projections.

There is also a massive influx of illegal aliens from Latin America (especially Mexico) residing in the US, they count towards the birth/death index and the overall life expectancy as well.

The US healthcare system is very inefficient in general though, I agree on that point. Even Cuba, which has the same life expectancy as the US has less than 1/5 the per capita spending.

#41     Jul 29, 2009
  2. Yes, you do. For example, the census.

But let's get back on point that Canada is right on par with the number one state.

So? Should that make them do better or worse in life expectancy? Comparing similar populations has the same outcome (Canada wins, the US loses.)

Absolutely.

Okeee... so even if we take the projections as accurate, which is fine with me, why would Canada's highest performer, BC, with an inferior form of healthcare which is cheap and presumably inefficient, have people living as long or longer than people in the top US state?

Why do states which border provinces with similar populations have lower life expectancy?

Why do even whites in the US have a lower life expectancy than all Canadians?

Why are cancer patient outcomes in general better in Canada than the US?

Why are heart transplant patient outcomes in general better in Canada than the US?

At some point you have to start asking yourself the next logical question: "Why can't we do better than Canada?"

Doesn't matter. Even American whites can't even compete with Canadians, including minorities.

#42     Jul 30, 2009
  3. The complete official census will be in 2010, there hasn't been one that comprehensive in the past couple of years in the US, that is my point.

Camada is slightly below the #2 state for now.

Canada and the US do not have similar populations, the US is much larger.

I never said that Canadian healthcare was inferior, I said that the US healthcare system is inefficient, Canada overall is more efficient and effective at healthcare on a broader scale, but the US has better specialized care for those that can afford it (which is the minority, okay).

The US census is not completely accurate at determining race. According to the US census Osama Bin laden would be white.

Another white guy:
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fugitives/vc/murders/morales_r.htm

I don't have a problem with a national healthcare system for the general population as a concept when it is effectively implemented. I have a problem with the vast inefficiencies and lack of proper oversight of the US government and US Government programs as a whole.

#43     Jul 30, 2009
  4. For argument's sake, let's say that's correct -- it's worth noting then that according to this that Canada beats 96% of all states for life expectancy. Pretty interesting.

Yes, luckily that has no bearing on life expectancy. (Urbanization is a different topic, and Canada is highly urbanized.)

What kind of specialized care? Heart transplants and cancers? Because Canada does better.

Well to reassure you, the health care bill only gave an option for states that, if they wanted to, they could create a public option for the public.

That was such an anathema to the Republicans (and a few Democrats) that they had to kill that option. Ie. the Republicans gave you less freedom and less choice, a lot less, in favor of their core constituents: insurance companies.

#44     Jul 30, 2009
  5. AAA is one of the most obtuse people here--always has been. That's why most of us have put him on ignore.

#45     Jul 30, 2009
  6. According to some people on a talk radio station I was listening to while in Panama City, the Obama healthcare bill will discourage americans from being doctors and that you all will be operated on by Iraqi doctors. That was a caller from Tennessee.

Of course the moon landing was the other big talk of the day and one caller said when Neil dun landed on that durn moon, he ran outside with binoculars to see if he can that astronaut.

Some of the stuff said is just priceless. FOXNews can get away with O'reilly's and Hannity's crap is because the viewing audience doesn't know any better. Conservative talk radio is a comedy goldmine.

#46     Jul 30, 2009
  7. Reading my posts will increase your IQ level. Granted, you are starting from such a low point it will take months to notice any change.

#47     Jul 30, 2009
  8. Why are heart transplant outcomes better in canada? Because they limit the procedure to younger, healthier patients. They let the lederly ones go home and die. That's why so many canadians and other wealthy people form countries with socialized medicine come here to be treated. To avoid the ques, to get the best doctors and hospitals and to get around rationing. The same thing will happen here. The very wealthy congressmen and connected VIPs will never have to worry about being denied a lifesaving procedure or waiting in a long que for a procedure.

You act like no one in the US has ever had experience with a government-run system. We have and know the idea that it will be better and more efficient than the private system is ridiculous, no matter how many bogus statistical comps you throw out.

If Obama-care will be so great, why doesn't it cover congressmen and the executive branch?

#48     Jul 30, 2009
  9. LOL. I would hope everywhere limits heart transplants to those most compatible and the youngest and healthiest -- unless you have some secret source of donor hearts available.

Because of the abundance of hearts?

They never will no matter how public or private the system is.

Okay, other than your personal feelings, what is the efficiency of the private system? High?

Because they like their public system, I suppose.

#49     Jul 30, 2009
  10. The Americans that can afford specialized care can have it done with a shorter wait time and receive more invasive and proactive treatment.

There is no effective cost control in the Obama plan, the CBO has said that the program will be incredibly expensive. The program is very compromised. The pharmaceutical industry is not being requested to make any major sacrifices.

The public healthcare option is not clear and there has not been much detail into the public option. Obama still has not outlined the compete costs nor did he give details about any restrictions about the public plan.

The Watered-down Obama public healthcare reform law will not remove the overall costs and lack of effectiveness in the current healthcare system.

The republicans and democrats are bought and sold by the same lobbyists, there isn't any difference to the bottom line at the end of the day.

#50     Jul 30, 2009