More begginner CHF/JPY questions

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Jul 28, 2011.

1. thanks Martin, too bad it's just a play position in a funny money account, because it's been a good one.

#11     Jul 29, 2011
    #12     Aug 27, 2011
  3. yes, I was wanting to ask a professional forex trader, and since you are one, just what exactly is the volume on CHF/JPY?

I will be anxiously awaiting your reply.

#13     Aug 27, 2011
  4. Hi,

i dont know the volume of any fx pair in the "interbank market". Because as long you dont have access to an institutional trading service, to the real market, you dont know that.

Besides that, i dont need volume in fx to analyse it.

You only can work with volume with FX-Futures and Stocks and everything else traded on exchanges.
    But the overthecounter fx market dont give the retail trader any real volume. the only volume you might be able to see is the one of your broker, that means nothing to the real market.

So in my opinion, dont give a fuck about volume data and FX.
    -----------
    When i say, you see volume on USDCHF + USDJPY, i mean you see there is so called "price action", watch the tape, how quick changes bid&ask, + starting the two pairs a move in your analysis. But for example CHFJPY not.
    Then you can count that CHFJPY will start very soon.

That are only correllations between the products and time.
    The same moves on similar products, but starts earlier then the other, so you see volume (without any volume indicator or volume data feed), so you know the other products must continue because there is volume, there is no other way. One product pulls the other in the direction.

that happens on all products, wich are similar to each other.
    for example: NASDAQ 100 + S&P 500 + Dow Jones.
    or EURUSD, USDJPY, GPBUSD, USDCHF
    or Brent Crude oil, WTI crude oil, light sweet crude oil

and so on.

And i think if you are trading with an institutional access to the fx markets, you will see all the different volumes from every big bank, because every big bank have its own volume, bringing that all together, that would be the total volume of current fx trading.
    I am not an expert in the fx volume question, because i am a retail trader and i dont need that for my trading.

So i am sorry if i could answer your question satisfyed.

bye :( :( :(

#14     Aug 27, 2011
  5. IB trades the non-major crosses as a synthetic. The only concern is the increase in haircut from 2% to 4%.

#15     Aug 27, 2011
  6. Please google "triangular arbitrage" before going on another rant. My apologies for accusing you of being increasenow.

#16     Aug 27, 2011
  7. Wow, i cant belief. you didnt insult me.
    maybe you re not so an asshole, as i thought. :confused: :D

--------

so, who cares, if it is trades as a synthetic or a toilet roll, when the price moves in your direction.

#17     Aug 27, 2011
  8. The point is that there are constraints related to the 3-way arbitrage. It's not simply that they're loosely correlated like Oil and the SPX, or DAX and FTSE. Just realize that your missive has absolutely nothing to do with the movement in the pair.

#18     Aug 27, 2011
  9. Thanks and lets be friendly now.

Hey, "triangular arbitrage" is very interesting.
    But how could that help me as a retail trader. There is no way.
    Fuck i have to found a company to get that institutional access.

The institutional have some much more ways to make money.
    the small retail cant compare to them. thats 2 different worlds.

isnt it.

#19     Aug 27, 2011
  10. You don't need institutional access. I have quotes from IB feeding excel and calculating the synthetics in r/t. It's computationally-insignificant. You just should know how to derive synthetics, not price them all the time.

#20     Aug 27, 2011