More Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Even her idiotic writing stunned Lauer. The last time she was on the show he treated her as a normal person. I would hope that stops, but NBC and the rest of cable news constantly give her a platform to rant on. When will that end? I think this is the first time Matt actually read anything she wrote.

Video-WMP Video-QT (low res)

LAUER: On the 9-11 widows, an in particular a group that had been critical of the administration:

" These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9-11 was an attack on our nation and acted like as if the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing bush was part of the closure process."

And this part is the part I really need to talk to you about:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s death so much."

Because they dare to speak out?

COULTER: To speak out using the fact they are widows. This is the left's doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about the 9-11 commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to> No-No-No. We always have to respond to someone who just had a family member die--

LAUER: But aren't they in the middle of the story?...

COULTER: ...Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity. No, the story is...

LAUER: So grieve but grieve quietly?

LAUER: What I’m saying is I don’t think they have ever told you, you can't respond.

COULTER: Look, you are getting testy with me.

Link to video: http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Today-Coulter-Widows.wmv

2. I think she makes perfect sense. Some of the 9/11 group clearly tried to use their victim status for political purposes, just as Mother Sheehan did. If you disgree with them then, you are attacked as unsympathetic to people who have suffered a terrible loss. Max Cleland also used this tactic.

Personally, I think the whole idea of the government compensating families of 9/11 victims was a mistake. Did the Oklahoma City families get compensation? No, they didn't. Do the families of troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan get compensation? Only minimal benefits. Did the families of other terrorist attacks around the world get compensation? No. Some of these families got rather lavish compensation, and there was an unseemly spectacle of them clawing for more money. A terrible precedent in my mind.

I'll give Lauer credit for having Ann on though, because the last time she was on the show she wiped the floor up with Katie Couric and left her sputtering for days.

3. Does Ann say that some 9/11 widows are millionaires, and they might be happy that their husbands were dead? Ann knows the financial status of all 9/11 widows and how all of them think?

Then she claims all liberals are anti-God?

This is pure inflamatory BS...

You just don't get it.

Ann commits logical fallacy after logical fallacy...and you support her doing so.

4. I'm not sure I understand your objection. We know that some of the widows received seven figure checks from the government. When a group of them gets together and calls themselves the "Jersey Girls" and starts trying to become celebrities, I don't think it is a stretch to conclude that they don't seem to be overcome with grief. Maybe they are, but Ann's point is that it's unseemly to try to brandish your vicitm status as a weapon in political battles.

ps. I do find it fascinating how liberals subject the words of Ann and Rush to excrutiating analysis and pronounce them "liars" on the basis of even the slightest literal inconsistency, but are prepared to swallow whole anything from Hillary, Joe Wilson, Al Gore or other serial liars.

5. Okay, some widows got checks.

How much of that money is left after expenses and taking care of living without husband's income?

Was it unseemly for Bush to play upon the victims of 9/11 for political gain?

Would you be bitching if these women were using their victimization for the right wing agenda?

No freaking way....

6. many civilian victim's families in IRAQ get US govt. compensation btw.,

many people do not know this. the military personnel even have a form they give out for people to get compensation for innocents killed or injured

7. is it just me or does she have a horse-face?

8. Whether she is liberal ro conservative (i.e. I do not care about her politics either way) I do not like her really as a person. After every question Matt asked her, she paused like she was an idiot and had no idea what to say. Then she acts incredulous at each question as to so why are you asking me that? Well she is on a talk show to promote her book!

As I said I am not getting into any political reasons to like her or hate her, but if I met her in a party and she was acting that way I would think "Jeez what bitch.." lol..

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit she looked stupid on the show (not because Matt showed her up or anything- just because she made dumb faces, flailed her hands and paused so long as though she had no thoughts). Her comments and reactions also looked staged as though she knows acting that way is the only way she can get the media attention and sell books. I do not know her at all, but all that jumped out at me just watching her for a few minutes.

#10     Jun 6, 2006