More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 18, 2009.

1. I don't know what the problem is with abortion. A disapportionate % of them are minorities. We should be grateful. It means less crime and less low lifes on welfare.

John

#31     May 20, 2009
  2. Good for you to show your true colors.

#32     May 20, 2009
  3. Another poll somewhat contradicts the OP's poll and that is a very recent CNN poll that shows strong support for leaving Roe v Wade alone:

"The 1973 Roe versus Wade decision established a woman's constitutional right to an abortion, at least in the first three months of pregnancy. Would you like to see the Supreme Court completely overturn its Roe versus Wade decision, or not?"

30% Yes, overturn
    68% No, not overturn"

Seneca

#33     May 20, 2009

4. so you favor prosecution for those who don't perform abortions ...

evil incarnate ... and people wonder why i always follow Leftist with Idiot

#34     May 20, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

There is three more assertions with no references to back them up... I have this ignore list criteria and my meds ran out so I'm obsessing on it agian.. can't recall the whole thing but uh..... rude, assertions without reasoning, lack of info, disinfo... yeah, dude, you qualify for something after all...

#35     May 20, 2009
  6. Should be no problem then getting a Constitutional amendment banning abortions...

#36     May 20, 2009
  7. So Gallup screwed it up? Whenever dems can't get their way with polls they attack the pollsters. I would expect no less.

#37     May 20, 2009
  8. it's simple really ...

ask a random sample of adults if they are in favor of having the brains of infants scrambled ...

my guess is that few would want that

#38     May 20, 2009
  9. ?-Man sometimes you get desperate in your attempt at a put down.

In no way did I attack the pollster as I think Gallup is the best of the bunch.

Simply put (for your benefit), polls often contradict each other as is the case here.

As usual, it depends in how the question is asked. CNN asked a related poll question that was different than Gallup's.

BTW-attacking the messenger/pollster is GOP 101.

Try harder next time pinhead to come up with a retort that

This link has a good analyses of the inconsistencies in abortion polls and is worth reading.

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

Seneca

#39     May 21, 2009
  10. Straight from the conservative playbook:

Attack The Messenger: Instead of addressing the argument that has been made, people using this method attack the person making it instead. This is particularly easy for many delusional people on the left who believe that almost everyone on the right is a racist, sexist, homophobic, Fascist who longs for the return of the Confederacy and is planning to start throwing leftists in prison camps if they let their guard down for five minutes. The charge made doesn't even have to be accurate, in fact it's better in some ways if it's off target. That's because the more whacked out the charge is, the more compelled your opponent will feel to spend his time defending himself while you continue to make your points."

#40     May 21, 2009