More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 18, 2009.

#21     May 19, 2009
    #22     May 19, 2009
  3. We have no debate here as you are trying to take away peoples legal rights so STFU and sit down on you bible .

#23     May 19, 2009
  4. Ummm bible? what are you talking about?

We have more rational debate from this genius.

#24     May 19, 2009
  5. Stop arguing with idiot dr. jerkulus. he is a mental midget in over his head who has no idea how limited his mental capacity is.

Several pages ago in this thread he introduced a touching picture of an aborted fetus. That picture itself is an appeal to emotion. But those of us who like to debate facts here are some:

According to United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (hardly a pro choice organization) http://www.usccb.org/prolife/issues/abortion/currentstats.shtml#age

A full 79.1 percent of abortions concern fetuses up to 10 weeks of gestation. For an illustration of what a 10 week fetus looks like look at the picture below. Also look at the reasons given for abortion.

[​IMG]

Far from evil doctors cutting up viable fetuses in the vast majority of cases they are extracting primitive non viable collection of cells.

Pro lifers don't want to have any reasonable solution. Abortion is murder to them. End of story. No matter how primitive the fetus, no matter whether it is viable, no matter whether the mother was a victim of rape/incest abortion is murder. They are idiots nothing more.

The pro choice way is superior because it gives people a CHOICE. Nobody should rejoice at an abortion but it is a necessary evil given human nature.

Going back to his image. He alleges that the fetus pictured was 24 weeks old. Well guess what, only 1.1% of fetuses are aborted past 21 weeks. That is a hell of a representative sample.

#25     May 19, 2009
  6. Thats why you posted bogus statements about what Roe V. Wade allowed or didn't allow. Your reading comprehension skills are sub-par and your data analysis skills are even more suspect. Based on these handicaps I would venture to guess that your profit/loss is not pretty.

Enough about that. Stay on topic.

More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time is the point. Your whole defense was that the poll must be bogus.

Yeah, Gallup is some fly-by night group of pollsters. Great analysis.

#26     May 19, 2009

7. Then what would be your position on the proposed Obama position that would take away Physician choice whether to perform abortions or not ? I assume you would support a doctor's right to choose.

#27     May 19, 2009
  8. Rational debate with you ? LOL
    Dear bible boy, you are not fooling anyone as it is very clear where you coming from and what is your goal. Organized religions were that way for a while so it is kind of easy to see through your tactics

Unfortunately I had to converse on your level of reasoning but it worked.

#28     May 20, 2009

9. reason doesn't work with these evil pricks .... every argument ends the same way

#29     May 20, 2009
  10. Should not this be obvious? Let's try the socratic method on you. Do you think it would be right for a firefighter to not go put out fire at a convicted felon's house? Should a policeman intervene if he sees a prostitute getting assaulted?

Medicine is a special profession. It emphasizes SERVICE. You do no harm(I realize religious nutcases on ET will grab on to this phrase and think it applies to a collection of cells but it does not). If you allow doctors to pick and choose to do whatever the hell they want, it becomes the end of the profession. There is no place for "conscientious objectors" in medicine.

If you go into branch of medicine that conceivably could call upon you to perform abortions (I assume it would be OB/GYN or something related) you should make damn sure you are ready for that possibility. There are many doctors who are not qualified to perform abortions even if they wanted to.

I always get angry at idiot pharmacists (usually in fly over states) who refuse to dispense legal birth control medicine "for personal" reasons. Those fools should have their license revoked immediately.

#30     May 20, 2009