Moore lies? Sacre bleu!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello_Dollars, May 24, 2004.

1. I am shocked and outraged that Michael Moore, American patriot and world-class auteur, has been accused of fabricating an interview, adding to a long series of purported lies by the fat, err phat, director. Clearly, the accuser is just another right wing extremist who is envious of Moore's great artistic abilities and immense girth. When will the conspiracy end?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/127ujhuf.asp

2. Who gives a damn about Michael Moore, he is an idiot. Everything about the Bushes in the movie is true though, isn't it?

3. You know, I'd actually watch the movie if I knew Moore wouldn't see a dime of the money I'd have had to pay........

I'm proof that its entirely possible to be a Republican AND think Bush is an idiot and quite possibly vote Democrat in the upcoming election..... yet if I thought for one second that Moore was going to take even a little credit for forcing Bush out of office, that would be reason enough to vote for Bush. Moore is a POS.

4. Indeed, he should be rewarded - not criticized and nitpicked (especially by the vast right wing conspiracy) simply because he takes some artistic license in his works.

At least the always discerning and emminently intelligent and tasteful French rightly gave him a 20 minute standing ovation at Canne as they awarded him the coveted "Paquet de Mensonges" award as well as the Festival Governor's "Merde Sans Valeur Totale" award.

Well done Michael - another Moore classic to be held with the same esteem as his other memorable films and books - Bowling for Dollars, Dude Where's My Royalty Check?, Roger Rabbit and Me, and Stupid White Men Like Me.

His upcoming new book about the making and publicizing of the Fahrenheit film, titled "Lies and the Shit I Do to Get Attention", will no doubt fly off the bookstore shelves and be literally devoured by his voracious fans while they lounge at Starbucks drinking $8 lattes and ranting about the deplorable state of the nation before driving home in their Lexus and Mercedes SUVs.

:)

5. nitro

nitro

LOL!

nitro :D

6. Ahh, well done. It is gratifying to see Moore, an artiste of elephantine proportions, getting the recognition he so deserves. As he himself says 8 or 9 times a day, "bon apetit"!

7. Turok

Turok

Classic. Well done.

JB

8. Actually, the filesharing scene probably has the movie out soon; so that way you would be able to see it without paying anyone. There is no stopping you watching the film now - in a few weeks perhaps - when it becomes available.

Aim to please :)

9. ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... the guy is an idiot and a drama queen. :p

peace

axeman

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/4810977.html

Rep. Kennedy pans Michael Moore film editing
    Kevin Diaz, Bureau Correspondent
    June 4, 2004 KENN0604

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Rep. Mark Kennedy has unhappy memories of his filmed encounter with leftist moviemaker Michael Moore, an encounter featured Thursday in a trailer for the upcoming U.S. release of the film "Fahrenheit 9/11."

"I was walking back to my office after casting a vote, and all of a sudden some oversized guy puts a mike in my face and a camera in my face," said the Minnesota Republican. "He starts asking if I can help him recruit more people from families of members of Congress to participate in the war on terror."

Kennedy said he told Moore that he has two nephews in the military, one who has just been deployed in the Army National Guard.

But to Kennedy's annoyance, his response to Moore was cut from the trailer (and from the film, according to a spokeswoman for the movie).

"The interesting thing is that they used my image, but not my words," Kennedy said. "It's representative of the fact that Michael Moore doesn't always give the whole story, and he's a master of the misleading."

A spokeswoman for the film, which has found a U.S. distributor after the Walt Disney Co. refused to release it, said she had no comment.

A transcript released by the film's producers shows Moore telling Kennedy that "there is only one member [of Congress] who has a kid over there in Iraq." He asks Kennedy to help him pass out literature encouraging others "to get their kids to enlist in the Army and go over to Iraq."

Kennedy replies, "I'd be happy to. Especially those who voted for the war. [As Kennedy did.] I have a nephew on his way to Afghanistan."

To which Moore replies: "I appreciate it."

#10     Jun 4, 2004