Montreal/Remote Prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by J-Fund, Jul 16, 2010.

1. J-Fund

J-Fund

Good day everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I've looked through the postings and haven't found much detail threads about Montreal prop firms. Sorry if I missed them.

I know there are couple of firms in Montreal such SwiftTrade, CFT financials, Title Trading, Golden, etc.

My questions are:

Have anyone worked in these firms, how is it like?

What is the payout approximately (Just give me an idea)

Capital required?

Fees and commissions?

Thanks in advance!

2. use the search function as this will answer your own questions. I would answer but I have zero experience with Canadian firms

3. jonp

jonp

There is no one size fits all, I worked at a place that didn't require any capital besides for a 500 dollar one week training course. 200 a month software fee which came out of profits... They did have very good technology though. An average trader will end up paying about a dollar per thousand shares. The deal was you keep 50 percent of ur net if its under 5g's/month. If you're netting over that then u keep 70 percent.

4. PM me if you like I can give you all the information you want about prop firms in Canada, I have worked for almost all of them

5. What is the name of your good firm and where is it located? Any chance of working remotely.

500 is a reasonable training fee if the training is any good.

6. jonp

jonp

pm'ed u

7. Hey I work now at lynx trading and have been there for 2 months. So far everything has been great. It is a smaller firm which is only a few years old and is only now starting to attract more traders. So far they are a lot better then the only other place I ever worked in Montreal, Golden Market Management. At lynx I get 80% profit compared to 65% at Golden, I get 30 times my deposit (vs 20 at Golden), my daily stop limit is 5 times as high (1000$ vs 200$ at Golden), and best of all there is no pressure. At Golden I swear by God I would make 500$ in a day and I would get 2 emails from the managers telling me I am not trading enough volume I have to change. They push you around because they are full of themselves I think. The managers do not even make any trades and they would constantly be telling me I was not trading properly even when I made money. I would increase my volume and get bumped out of my positions because of the low daily stop loss they have. It was frustrating to say the least. Also I was promised overnights at Golden and only found out when I did not close a position that what they meant was only after a long time with them would I be allowed overnights. This was not how they presented it in the job interview and it caused me to lose about 400$ the day I had to close a position overnight on a low volume stock I thought I could hold. Anyways I suggest Lynxtrading to anyone, like someone said they are really easy they have a minimum deposit of 1000 dollars and they should give you 30 x on whatever you leave them. I am no expert but I do know that Lynxtrading rips Golden Market Management.
    pm me or post if you have more questions

8. lynx will be fine, dont think u will hv problems with them