Monthly tournaments on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by IV_Trader, Oct 1, 2005.

1. No , Nihaba , I still want a tournament as its meant to be ( and I want to win). The ratings are just optional , don't have to be. If ET would decide to go for it , they should collect potential participants ideas for a month or so , and not necessary implement some or many of them.

#11     Oct 4, 2005
  2. zook

zook

Competitions do not accurately portray a traders habits and do not determine who is the better trader. You will always get those people who will go "balls to the wall" with the most riskiest stocks, because they are not dealing with real money. A lucky few will be the top performers and the majority will be at the bottom. Then you have the few of us somewhere along the middle actually trading like we would in the real world.

#12     Oct 4, 2005
  3. so true , and that why the entry should be significant amount $ , definetly not for free. And a newbies should watch the results for significant amount of time , before selecting(if at all) their "gurus"

#13     Oct 4, 2005
  4. Bingo...

That's the reason why their should be a real trading tournament and not some simulation game.

Real trading via those ET members with trading accounts at the sponsored brokers along with an entry fee into the tournament.

Such will help prevent (not 100%) those that do balls to wall trading as you call it.

On that note...my last post on this fun topic.

Everybody here seem to be talking about simulation tournaments...some of those already exist.

NihabaAshi

#14     Oct 4, 2005
  5. good points , I see what you guys mean...Well the conditions always can be negotiate , after all whatever they will be at the end, they be the same for everyone.

#15     Oct 4, 2005