Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Pro_Trader720, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Perhaps you could do a Google search on some of the words and phrases in this image. The URL worked fine for me on 09 December 2005.

#11     Dec 9, 2005

2. Matlab is mainly used for numerical and statical calculation, it
    is not the language of strategic trading, means you have to
    write everything from scratch
    -No, It has a software or say compiler which you can purchase
    -Yes, it can
    -It is not used for trading and order routing , it more used for
    optimization, monthe carlo, backtesting,....not for just financial
    use, also Aerospace and Defense, Semiconductors, Biotech,
    Pharmaceutical and Medical ,.....

http://www.mathworks.com/industries/finance/why_matlab/intro_to_finance.html

No insult meant, but from your questions, i can tell you will
    have very hard time learning it, most probably fail, there are
    easier alternative there to begin with...

#12     Dec 9, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

None taken. I used to work as an ASIC engineer. I can figure it out.

Thank You.

P.S from reading your posts I think you will fail miserably in trading. By the way no offense.

#13     Dec 9, 2005
  4. I think i made mistake responding to your post, Thank you
    because i would be more cautious next time, helping
    humble guys only

#14     Dec 9, 2005

5. I see Nana Trader has yet to take my advice on getting himself a copy like I suggested to him when he said some things were going over his head.....Ozzy there are a couple toolboxes you can get for trading with matlab which include the

1.Financial toolbox
    2. Finacial Time Series toolbox
    3.Fixed Income toolbox
    4. Garch toolbox
    5.The statistics toolbox

you can also get some of the Spline toolboxes also if you are into Geometric Planes....I actually purchased the package with every toolbox recently so I admit I'm pretty impressed that I have everything at my fingertips I need for trading and anything else I might want to do....

As far as Matlab being used with your broker it is very possible and plausible to connect with them through several different means...Whether it be through COM interfaces or SOCKETS programming....There is even www.gloriosia.com if you use IB as your broker. My only Down fall with matlab I see is that it obviously won't be as fast as C/C++ for calculations...but if you get the real time workshop with it...you can convert simulink models into C code anyway. I actually got it myself because I lost the patience to code C/C++ anymore...And as far as it being for high frequency trading...yes and no.... The calculations could be used for either style of trading. Overall though considering it's increasing my productivty in trading system design from start to finish I highly suggest it....

Vizion

#15     Dec 9, 2005
    SmallBear likes this.
  6. ozzy

ozzy

Thanks Vizion appreciated.

#16     Dec 9, 2005

7. No problem my friend...

#17     Dec 9, 2005