Monte Carlo simulation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by indahook, Nov 25, 2003.

1. #11     Nov 26, 2003
  2. For what it's worth, I've done simple MC simulations in excel without programming at all.

Just import all the trades in one column. Copy to column 2 and randomize the entries, ditto for column 3.

Simply draw the equity curves for the summed columns. Gives a pretty good idea of how things could look if you have 10 columns

#12     Nov 26, 2003
  3. MCS became more popular by traders and it seems one of the analysis a trader should do before investing serious money into a system. There are surely several options out there and I have used and tried many some time back. We have just published MC-Lab and you can find more information here: http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=MCLab.htm
    What I like here is that it is nicely integrated and is very easy to use. As allways you can easily load the trades or/and the equity curve of the whole portfolio and perform various methods of MCS.

#13     Nov 28, 2003
  4. What do you think of prosizer?

Michael B.

#14     Jan 5, 2004
  5. Sorry to report that I still have not started using Prosizer despite good intentions. Ran like a brick wall into the holidays and still sorting out the new computer, router, transfering eSignal preferences and Jurik subscription, etc.

It is on my short list though, something I think still holds promise.

And you?

#16     Jan 6, 2004