Monte Carlo simulation Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I am wondering if someone could enter the following information in a Monte
    Carlo simulator for me. I have found many on the internet, but they all ask for a purchase after I download it. If you can please make 30 passes and adjust any parameters you think necessary to increase odds.

129 wins 75 losses, 63% win probability.
    Average win +1.10%
    Average loss -0.76%
    Win ratio 1.45
    Risk per trade 2%
    Account size $30,000

One variable I am trying to quantify is that I am focusing on the 14 major pairs, so sometimes 1 pairs meets my parameters and other times 14 will meet my parameters. So I am trading a max leverage of 30k each position, my positioning is any where from 30k to 420k. That's the one variable, when I have 14 positions on, is that 1 diversified position or 14 individual trades.

If I group my trading into any time I have trades on whether it is 1 or 14 and consider those individual trades that just happen to be diversified, I have the following number.
    18 wins 23 losses, 78% win probability.
    average win +0.57%
    average loss -0.37%
    win ratio 1.54
    risk per trade 2% to 28% depending on whether I am holding 1 or 14 pairs.

Any information or suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Gotcha

Gotcha

3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Thanks, will check it out when I return home to a computer.

4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I checked it, I have already downloaded it, it then asked for a purchase fee to edit it.

5. Gotcha

Gotcha

I have been using it for a while and never been asked to donate. Maybe download the current version on the website? It might be different than what you have.

6. 2rosy

2rosy

Code:
    from random import randint
    account=30000
    accum=[]
    for i in range(30):
        risk = .02 * account
        r = randint(1,100)
        if r<=63:
            account += risk * 1.11
        else:
            account -= risk * 1.0076
        accum.append(account)

7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Downloaded it again, it said "macros not enabled" purchase to enable editing.

8. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Thanks for the effort, but I don't know what to do with this.

9. Gotcha

Gotcha

Not sure why you are having problems. The macros message might have to do with security from Excell and I had to approve them before it let me make changes.

Here is a screen capture putting in your parameters. I used $110 as the ave. win and -$76 as the ave. loss since it doesn't do percentages. Used your 30 simulations as well, and I did this twice to show you the difference. All in all, seems like a pretty damn good system.

SH_ Jul. 11, 2017 23.12.44.jpg
    SH_ Jul. 11, 2017 23.12.58.jpg