Monsanto's Roundup and Cancer..

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El OchoCinco, Aug 12, 2018.

1. d08

d08

This is anecdotal but anyway:

I was cycling under some mango trees in a very rural area. I felt something dripping on my face. I looked up and there was some farmer spraying the tree, his face was completely covered so it must have been nasty stuff, the spray I can only imagine was an insecticide (not sure if it had any glyphosate). It smelled very strange, after a few minutes the spot where I was hit started tingling and instead of developing superpowers within an hour I felt nauseas. While it's not proof of anything, I still would never want to eat a fruit off that tree.

#11     Aug 16, 2018
    MoreLeverage, El OchoCinco and speedo like this.
  2. You think maybe that's fruit from the poisonous tree that lawyers always seem to go on about?

#12     Aug 16, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  3. Seems I read glyphosate is used to dry out wheat and other grains faster so it can be processed for foods (going to check on this) but below is a chart which shows amount of Glyphosate in regular processed foods...

upload_2018-8-18_19-3-21.png

#13     Aug 18, 2018
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Kashi has more than Trix!

#14     Aug 18, 2018
  5. Trix has a new ad campaign

Trix ...less pesticide and weed killer than all leading brands!

#15     Aug 18, 2018
    TradeViper likes this.
  6. speedo

speedo

:D

#16     Aug 18, 2018
  7. drcha

drcha

Hell, do they still have Trix? I loved those as a kid. I have them linked in my mind with Captain Kangaroo.

A jury verdict does not prove anything about the science. This one may be less clear-cut than the JNJ verdict on talc (which was unfounded in science). It seems that scientists disagree about glyphosate.

I do use something called Bayer Brush Killer on my weeds, which I assume is the same stuff. Yes, I promise to post if I get NHL (among the most common cancers, so how the hell could you prove this in a trial; you don't think Jackie Kennedy/Onassis was out spraying her weeds, do you?).

Anyway, Monsanto/Bayer had to have known this was coming. I can't get too worked up about it.

A more interesting question is how people are trading it. I rarely trade news, but am curious about what others will say.

#17     Aug 22, 2018
  8. I would like to know who came up with the ADI (acceptable daily intake) levels...

#19     Aug 26, 2018
  9. If you wait long enough, and if the current administration stays in power long enough, I imagine they'll do away with these pesky details altogether, which would render your query moot.

#20     Aug 27, 2018