Monsanto Threatens To Sue Vermont If GMO Labeling Bill Passes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by achilles28, Apr 11, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Monsanto is the biggest piece of shit company I've ever seen. GMO creates all sorts of medical problems (obesity, sterility, cancer), yet they insist to shove this trash down our throats, against the publics will. They basically own the FDA and bribe State legislators with generous "campaign contributions" to legalize their toxic crap. Death to Monsanto.

In its latest act as the world’s biggest corporate bully, Monsanto recently threatened to sue Vermont if the state dares to pass a mandatory GMO labeling law.

Backed by tremendous support from the state’s consumers and food producers, the Vermont Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act (H. 722), would make Vermont the first of the United States to require labeling of genetically engineered food: a prospect biotech giant Monsanto finds terrifying. According to a 2010 poll by Reuters and National Public Radio, 93 percent of the American public wants genetically modified food to be labeled.

http://www.care2.com/causes/monsant...f-gmo-labeling-bill-passes.html#ixzz1risiCPVS

2. d08

d08

They are pushing it down our throats everywhere around the world now. They've managed to bribe themselves into the EU, Latin-America is theirs already.
    Food is one of the things that need to be regulated heavily, even over-regulated, whatever the price.

3. achilles28

achilles28

I'm not sure regulation is the answer. Regulation often serves to shield polluters from accountability (genetic or chemical) and eliminate their competition, rather than protect the consumer. It's called regulatory capture, and it's as big a game on Wallstreet (via the SEC, CFTC and Treasury), as it is with big pharma, agri, and biotech companies (via the FDA). I think it's time we shut down the regulators, and sue the likes of Monsanto in court. All the regulators do is legalize toxic crap at the behest of Corporations that pay for their campaigns. It's bribery.