Monkman's PV Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Monkman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Monkman

Monkman

No b/os or trades today

#51     Apr 23, 2009
  2. Monkman

Monkman

4/24/09

PWRD bought 600@16.39
    sold 600@16.74

The bank stress test was scheduled to be announced in the afternoon. This could be viewed as an event similar to a Fed day. During days like this I am extremely cautious due to the volatility and change in volume patterns.

Today I saw two stocks that had successful b/os. PWRD and GFA. With PWRD the volume looked good in the morning, was just waiting for the price to go up, with a slow stoh reading of 80+ on the 30min. Once it held steady around the 80+ area, I entered in the position. Made the decision to sell based on the stress test news that was coming out in the afternoon. Also I did not want to risk holding through a retrace during lunch. This combined with a potential huge fall off in price could have dragged me out of a good position. I decided the best thing to do was exit while ahead. With the GFA, I hesitated to pull the trigger on this one. The stock had gaped up, and was starting to run away from the gap. In the early morning it was up around 5%. Throughout the day, it never filled the gap, just kept going upwards, retraced, and then rocketed up again. I have seen this with several stocks now where they gap up/down, and continue their trend.

Areas of Improvement:

1. holding longer (several position I am in go up 5-10%+, and only capturing a small portion)(maybe taking 1/4, 1/3 off the top at 2-5% intervals will help increase hold time)

2. Buying more shares on retrace (if I exit early, get back in position on retrace. If I am in the position, and it still looks good consider adding more)

3. Play gap stocks in FRV (stocks that gap and continue with price)

4. Expand the stocks I play (right now I am playing zeros. Lets try some 7s)

#52     Apr 25, 2009
  3. Monkman

Monkman

PWRD 30min

#53     Apr 25, 2009
  4. Monkman

Monkman

GFA 30min

#54     Apr 25, 2009
  5. Monkman

Monkman

PWRD daily
    [​IMG]

PWRD 30min
    [​IMG]

GFA 30min
    [​IMG]

#55     Apr 25, 2009
  6. Monkman

Monkman

Bought SNX 500 @ 19.75

Nice AM breakout, follow through, then a retrace. It started to trend back up but had trouble hitting another new high. Lets see what happens with this one tomorrow.

#56     Apr 28, 2009
  7. Monkman

Monkman

SNX 30min

#57     Apr 28, 2009
  8. Monkman

Monkman

snx daily

[​IMG]

snx 30min

[​IMG]

#58     Apr 28, 2009
  9. Monkman

Monkman

Bought BBG 500@25.12
    sold 25.28

Miss read the chart. After I reviewed the daily I noticed laterals forming which your suppose to hold through. Lets watch this stock to see what happens tomorrow.

Holding

SNX day 2
    Sold 200@19.98

We saw a continuation in volume but not price. Price failed to hit a new high. Waited until the close to give price time to improve. Still no price improvement so I began to sell, partial fill. I am currently holding 300 shares. Tomorrow morning I will be looking to exit unless Price hits new highs with sustained volume.

#59     Apr 28, 2009
  10. Monkman

Monkman

BBG 30min

#60     Apr 28, 2009