MONK traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Agreed completely. It is a very harsh world indeed, where people don't help each other.

Happy Easter
    Natalie

#51     Apr 20, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

What happens to them surf?

nitro

#52     Apr 20, 2003

3. they turn green with envy and start to try to undermine you. that is unless they are REAL friends--who are few and far between.

may i suggest the book "envy--a theory of social behavior" by schoek for those who have some interest in this topic.

all the best my friend,

surf:) :) :)

#53     Apr 20, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

:(

nitro

#54     Apr 20, 2003
  5. mauzj

mauzj

While I have yet to make a success out of trading, I do get a decent enough package considering my age. Unfortunately I made the mistake of telling a couple of friends how much I earned and when the news got out I received many disapproving looks plus the odd legal threat from guys I'd crossed at college.

Fortunately that's died down now and I just scrounge my way through life like everyone else.;P

#55     Apr 20, 2003
  6. JT47319

JT47319

Do you mean you get the disapproval because of the stigma of daytrading? or that you make so much money? or that you make so much money because of your age?

#56     Apr 20, 2003
  7. mauzj

mauzj

I meant the disapproval of making so much money for my age. I don't day trade, but am currently learning about trading and applying for entry level positions.

#57     Apr 21, 2003
  8. khorne55

khorne55

Worked for corporate hell for 12 years, stashed away tons of cash but was miserable. Got laid off. Sold my house at a huge profit and moved where cost of living is cheap (back home, small town, TN). Paid cash for a modest 3 bedroom home. I own outright a Maxima which I will keep til the wheels fall off and a Dodge Ram (was my Dad's RIP). Zero debt, no mortgage payments and no car payments. I have $200k in brokerage account alone. All I want is a modest boat to bass fish (used of course). My goal is this, trade until I have enough to "retire" while enjoying the simple life. I have never felt like I had to impress anyone. I hated corporate hell and I'm certain it took years off my life. I love trading, it is like I have been set free. Screw the Chemistry degree.

#58     Apr 22, 2003
  9. HELL YEAH! Good for you, man!

#59     Apr 22, 2003