monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sonnyka, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Schaefer

Schaefer

#11     Dec 26, 2005
  2. ** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.
    **Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only.

contrast this with a dell no questions asked return policy.

#12     Dec 26, 2005
  3. I was just gifted another 19 inch PROVIEW

from circuit city.

Very nice.

The DELL 20 inch widescreen for $359 is a very good deal as one mentioned on this thread, insanely good because
    I almost bought a 21 inch widescreen HP for $600

check newegg for discounts,

19 inches should be going for around $240 these days after all rebates.

best deal would probably be 2-3 19 inches

instead of one 23 inch widescreen

#13     Dec 26, 2005
  4. I have two Samsumg Syncmaster 191T/910T and very happy.
    I also have Dell 24" wide screen and very happy with it as well.

The 3 together may be in your budget if you find the right coupons.

#14     Dec 26, 2005
  5. tonie

tonie

Which would would you choose from the undermentioned -

The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 1905FP Flat Panel Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, advanced functionality and the best in LCD panel technology. Whether for corporate or home use, the UltraSharp 1905FP maximizes the viewing experience with a thin bezel and panel that swivels, tilts and pivots to satisfy the most demanding of users. Simple yet efficient on-screen controls enable the users to customize to their needs. It utilizes an Active Matrix TFT LCD that displays sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Fast 20 ms response time delivers excellent image quality in high motion applications reducing ghosting, jagged edges enabling crisp, clear images. With 800:1 contrast ratio for high color accuracy and uniformity, this monitor is ideal for usage in a variety of environments from trading floors to graphic design and healthcare. Wider base provides stability, while the integrated rubber sleeve provides a clean cable management solution. With four USB 2.0 ports, two located on the side of the display, the 1905FP enhances your visual experience. This Flat Panel Monitor comes with a 3-Year Warranty.

or

The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 1907FP 19-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new design and advanced functionality. The monitor offers resolution of up to 1280x1024 pixels and also provides 8 ms (gray-to-gray) response time to enable crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video. It also offers high contrast ratio of up to 500:1 that generates sharper, crisper lines and images while, the wider viewing angle allows you to view the screen from various positions without compromising image quality. The Dell™ 1907FP features analog as well as digital (DVI-D) capabilities, providing connection flexibility. In addition, with four USB 2.0 high speed ports offers easy access to connect peripheral devices such as cameras, USB keys or mouse. The slim black bezel design fits into most working environments and on most desktops. Its stand lock down mechanism allows locking of monitor into place at the lowest height which can allow easy transportation of display. The combination of advanced LCD technology and the range of added features make the UltraSharp™ 1907FP the perfect display for any user. This Flat Panel LCD Monitor comes with a 3-Year Warranty

or

Featuring a stylish slim-bezel design, the VP930b 19" LCD Monitor from ViewSonic®, fits comfortably in any room of your home. With brightness of up to 250 cd/m² and contrast ratio of up to 1000:1, you can enjoy vivid colors and enhanced life-like images. The XtremeView® wide viewing angles and ClearMotiv™ 8 ms broadcast-quality video response ensure an excellent visual performance with pinpoint sharpness and rich colors. In addition, the Advanced Amplified Impulse technology accelerates grayscale transitions for enhanced motion video and gaming. The V930b is bundled with PerfectSuite™ LCD control software featuring color calibration, asset management, theft deterrence and auto screen rotation. With built-in power supply and analog/digital connectivity, the VP930b monitor offers high performance in an elegant package

i cannot decide between all 3, but rather go for Dell for their returns policy.

dell 1905fp 800:1 CONTAST RATIO / 20MS RESPONSE

DELL 1907((NEW) UK WEBSITE) - 500:1 CONTRAST RATIO / 8MS RESPONSE TIME

Viewsonic VP930b : 1000:1 contrast ratio / 8ms responce time

#15     Feb 1, 2006
  6. mokwit

mokwit

On the subject of 191T's, is there any capability to connect a desktop via say DVI and a laptop via the analog socket and switch between the two? Does not appear to be any switch as per Sony but was wondering if there was any inbuilt capability.

Reluctant to experiment in advance in case it totals it.

#16     Feb 1, 2006
  7. Same here. Absolutely love the Dell 24". Dell did a quirky thing a few short weeks back and had a 55% coupon. I had to kick myself in the head for not knowing about the 24" wide screen back then. So now I will be picking up an additional 2 24" to get rid of 4 18".

I've had the viewsonics and wasn't too impressed with them. There were some rather serious driver issues and we could not rectify some of the ghosting issues that we had with the viewsonics. Additionally, some of our viewsonics would just go bad. Around the office we had about 80 of 17" viewsonics. Half have been replaced with Dell 18".

Curious though, do you know of any arms for the 24"???

Regards,
    MAK

#17     Feb 1, 2006
  8. dude call dell - ask for lynn - 877.909.3355 ext: 957-0360 - order 2 or more and ask for discount of $35.00 off each - that's 399.00 ea for 2005fpw widescreen 20.1 3 year warranty and free ship - end today!

later

#18     Feb 1, 2006
  9. tonie

tonie

the only think is that i am based in th UK.

from memory i think they do not ship outside the US.

Your have to buy from dell's UK website.

Any help with contacts here.

regards

#19     Feb 1, 2006
  10. LMeyers

LMeyers

Both are good monitors.

Also, you may wanna confirm it elsewhere but I have heard that Samsung manufactures more than 70% of the monitors sold under the DELL brand.

Good luck.

#20     Feb 1, 2006