monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soler, Jul 30, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

they are meant for desks that already are real estate challenged. The idea is the same as skyscrapers...Horizontal real estate is expensive. Vertical is ample and wasted.

I use bricks to lift four of my eight of the desk. Cost? $1 per brick at Home Depot.

nitro

#11     Aug 7, 2003
  2. Could you post a picture of your set up?

Michael B.

#12     Aug 7, 2003
  3. I have the triple. Looks way better. And why not? I'm sure money can be spent on more wasteful things. This triple stand actually looks very cool.

-FastTrader :D

#13     Aug 8, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Here it a thread that gives links to a place on the Internet that copied the links from another thread on ET long ago. In those days, I had all Philips LCDs and one Sys.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=191003&highlight=Phillips#post191003

Today, I am in the basesment of my house instead of the spare bedroom upstairs, and I have one less phillips and 3 new Samsungs 191Ts. Also, that Fujitsu Laptop has made it onto my wife's desk. :mad: :D The computer is underneath the desk of link one.

I will try to update the picture in a couple of weeks after I get back from vacation.

nitro

#14     Aug 8, 2003
  5. Nice.

I am going to add 2 Samsung 191T's to my set up....have you ever bought them on ebay?

Michael B.

#15     Aug 8, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

No. I get them from eCost. If there is anything wrong, I have no problems getting them returned. I do not mind paying a small premium for that.

nitro

#16     Aug 8, 2003
  7. I was looking at your screen setup from the attached links....looks real good! I also noticed the area under your desk from the pictures, and I wanted to know if you need any "zip-ties". :D

I sure hope you don't have cats or dogs! :eek:

#17     Aug 10, 2003
  8. Is the contrast ratio for the 19" Viewsonic (600:1) that much better than the 19" Samsung (500:1). The pricing is only slightly higher for the Viewsonic, but I don't know how much the contrast ratio affects realtime charting. I think I will check out the new Dell monitors mentioned earlier also....they sound pretty nice!
    I am about to buy new flat panel LCD's, but there are so many choices.

#18     Aug 10, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

:D

Yeah, I am a mess. I actually have all kinds of 1U's, 2U's and 4U's, routers, switches, tape backups, etc etc and my oh my, CAT 5 running like spaghetti all over the floor. I mean to get a rack - I am just too busy to deal with this stuff at this time.

nitro :(

#19     Aug 10, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

#20     Aug 10, 2003